Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
So whats this all about? How will this effect Lisa and others in the UK? They are saying the UK has started moves to regulate ecigs as medicine.. Just thought I get some peoples feedback....

Thanks,
-Tim

Everyone needs to buy a GGT Storm or Slim. They can't stop the sale of batteries. If they ever ban the sale of PVs you will have one that will last a lifetime. Then you only have to worry about atomizers and liquid.

T-Hefner

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
NJ, USA
imeo,
yeah, thats good to hear. I guess these things just have a way of working themselves out...I'm not sure if or how much it would effect GG use/sales...

-Tim

I dont think that GG will be afected by this T. I will not let this happen. You know me, I am very stiff to some matters sometimes

Last edited by a moderator:

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
This is actually a VERY serious situation.

If this goes ahead, then the supply of ecigs and nicotine fluids will become illegal from 21st June in the UK. All UK traders will cease trading unless we get this stopped. Responsible ones amongst us realise that regulation is a good thing, but this is an attempt to cut the supply off suddenly and completely.

We need vapers to sign the petition (linked to above), but more importantly, we need all UK people to respond to the consultation with their real stories here:
Feedback to current consultation documents : MHRA

UK users need to respond to this consultation by stating how the removal of e cigarette cartridges and fluids from the marketplace would impact you.

Be factual, but not overly emotive.
The more replies they get the more they will listen..

Do not let this one slip by, they can and will cut off your supply of products if we don't fight this seriously.

Please also check out the following:
UK Department of Health - think nicotine is tobacco or smoking
Public consultation (MLX 364): The regulation of nicotine containing products

Last edited:

Vaughanie

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
Read about this the other day on the U.K. Vapers forum, but didn't want to be the messenger who broke the news.

Oh and yes, I'm quite livid!

Funny really, when all the focus has been on the F.D.A. and thinking that the F.D.A. would make the second move. Aren't e-cigs already banned in one European country?

Hey, ho, if the worst comes to the worst I'll soak rolling tobacco in glycerine and vape it in my I-Olite or a ..... It won't be quite as safe as nicotine liquid (sigh). Or maybe I'll build a lab in the kitchen :) or bulk order a lifetime supply of ejuice from China and store it in the bath?

In the meantime, chaining myself outside the Houses of Parliament and/or throwing myself infront of the Queen's horse whilst vaping springs to mind. This makes my anarchist blood boil :-x

Anyone else up for some more future abseiling (whilst vaping of course) into the House of Lords ? There's only so much polite liberal lobbying I can countenance.

Last edited:

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
I don't want to overstate this, because we should be acting and encouraging people to sign the petition etc. so our voice is heard. However, it is an election year in the U.K. and usually what happens in election years is legislation gets stalled as the election becomes the main focus.
Not sure that has an impact in this particular case as it seems the MHRA might be able to bring this in without parliamentary debate being necessary.......

Vaughanie

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
Oh well, here was my twopence to the damned nannying State over MLX 364:

"There are signifcant carcinogens in cigarettes. The carcinogens even discovered in one or two e-cig juice by the F.D.A. s were so trace as to be insignificant. So the point is overstated.

As for the argument that e-cigs are detrimental to pregnant women and patients with heart disease . The alternative, smoking, is by far worse.

I have tried willpower, patches, nicotine gum, Zyban twice and have found e-cigs to be the only avenue that to help me refrain from smoking for any significant period. I'm extremely concerned that their removal will have me reaching for cigarettes. I'm an informed user and feel this is unnecessary nannying and actually would be detrimental to the health of former smokers who have used e-cigs to successfully quit smoking."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread