►►► Prodigy V1 Troubleshooting Guide ◄◄◄

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hey Guys ... Starting this sticky as a troubleshooting guide with tips and tricks. If you have a certain issue with yours, I hope myself, along with other Prodigy owners will be able to help solve them :)

I will update this first post over time with new information.

Basics:
The Prodigy works off of *Contact Points* There are 3 within the Prodigy.
1. End Cap with Spring
2. Contact post between batteries and plastic switch housing.
3. Contact post on top where the adapter is then placed.

When first assembling your Prodigy, its easier to start out with placing the batteries in (positive side towards the top) and then screwing on the end cap. At first, you will notice both threads for the Adapter and Endcap being kind of *rough*. You will also notice the spring is quite strong. At first, this may be a difficult task, but within a week or two of constant screwing on/off the threads will loosen up and become like button to screw on and off. Over this time, the spring also loosens and becomes weaker allowing for easier assembly. Remember to always screw on the adapter and end caps tightly. Connect the atomizer (remember not to tighten TOO tight)

Last edited:

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
that would work if i wanted to lengthen it but it needs to be lower not higher...the threads wont meet up..I may take a hammer and screwdriver and see if i can push it in alittle bit.

Awww... I gotcha Jay ...

Let me go take a series of pictures to show you how. Give me 10-15 minutes to show you how to adjust the center pin! :)

Brian S

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2008
Looking for someone to test a bestecig BE112 to see if it fits..The threads dont seem to meet because center of the atomizer seems to be lower than the original/generic. I just want to confirm its not me :D

Janty Stick owners had a problem with some atomizers not reaching the center post of the Stick and were instructed to file a little off the end of the atomizer to make it fit. Seems to have worked for them.

Brian

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Alright Jay ... Here's how to do it:

Tools Needed:

Hammer/Large Wrench/Something hard to pound!
Punch of some sort (screw driver/something steel and thin)
Picture for Reference:

IMG_0784.jpg

See Adapter ... Assuming yours looks somewhat like this? and you need that center post to drop without the rest of the brass dropping?
IMG_0785.jpg

First:
Lets go ahead and get the entire brass out of the aluminum housing. Take your screw driver or the like, and pound it out as seen. Screw driver/or extention tool like I am using and pound out.
IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

You should end up with something like this
IMG_0789.jpg

Next .... Flip the adapter over ... And set the entire brass fiting in the hole like such. This allows for the center post to move but NOT the outside brass fitting.
IMG_0793.jpg

Next ... Put the screw driver tip right on the center post, and tap (with hammer) a few times until you see the center post move down a little. Do this little by little until flush with the outside brass.
IMG_0794.jpg

Should end up looking like this:
IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

Now ... Flip the entire brass piece over, and insert back in to the hole.
IMG_0797.jpg

Now, take your screw driver/extention rod/etc... and bang back in to place. May take more force than the center post, but you will eventually get it. Line it up so the brass is just under flush with the rest of the aluminum housing.
IMG_0798.jpg

End Product should look like this:
IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

And you should be ALL set!

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Jayisbored

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Brooklyn NY
Ok steve just tried it out and it works Perfect! I knocked that little sucker down with a hex screwdriver. I love fixing things buy hitting them! hehe The atty screws in about a half a turn and burns terrific...the be112 have a more airy draw but work wonderfully.

Steve solved my problem in a couple of hours! What more can you ask for from a supplier.

Anyone thats on the fence about buying one go for it! as for me i need to take a break as i'm getting a nicotine headache from all the vapor i'm sucking in :D

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
awww... perfect Jay ... So an even shorter post than normal is what BE atty's need.

I will test the tolerances on RN and DSE atomizers tomorrow to see if we can universally move the center post down and all still work. We should be able to find a universal *sweet spot* ... :)

Thanks for giving it a shot Jay!!! really appreciated and it really helps us moving forward!

walkstheplanes

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
South San Francisco
awww... perfect Jay ... So an even shorter post than normal is what BE atty's need.

I will test the tolerances on RN and DSE atomizers tomorrow to see if we can universally move the center post down and all still work. We should be able to find a universal *sweet spot* ... :)

Thanks for giving it a shot Jay!!! really appreciated and it really helps us moving forward!

Is the process simple enough to reverse? Is reversing even necessary (ie. do other atomizers work fine with a recessed fitting)?

Thanks for the images! My 20 be112 atomizers and I thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread