◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Yes, I always called it a Hawaiian electric lap guitar. My dad would play those kinds of songs on it. Also, he could pluck and at the same time lift the steel slide off and make it sound like a bell. I would try it just like him and every once and a while could get it to cancel the harmonics but it was like 1 out of 100 or 200 frustrating tries for me.

that is really cool, mundy!

Reactions: TamiPac

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
acoustic bass, hey Doff?
I always found those to be intriguing; but ultimately not loud enough.
You play them for a different reason than acoustic guitar. Most times, they'd be plugged in to be loud enough. But the tone, and range of sounds is completely different from either an upright or electric.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
49256015_10161250978670058_1442453573676826624_n.jpg

Reactions: kas122461

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
no

i mean, they are good. But they have a very particular sound, and suit a style that is not at all how i play
Was talking to the bee. So you are not like me and Brian who listen to the lovely tunes of heaven thrash death metal?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: B2L

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Was talking to the bee. So you are not like me and Brian who listen to the lovely tunes of heaven thrash death metal?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

why would you use a fretless for that?

i do listen to that stuff, and can't think of a bassist who plays fretless for death metal :confused:

but i don't play that stuff, it is boring to play

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
fretless bass is what you should get.

you know what's funny (or not really, and also not particularly interesting either) . . .

I'm kin'a spoiled/biased about that.
Electric guitar and bass are played in a truly stupid position (ergonomically, I mean).
I can really get into fretless when the neck of the instrument is vertical, my elbow is in good position, and thusly my wrist, and then the fingering is basically truly perpendicular to the fretboard.
Slung low and sideways, it's just way too awkward and I thank god for the frets so that I can just land somewhere in the area code of the notes I want to play.
When I played acoustic guitar, I would compose and play in proper classical seated position, and then my finn'ers could do like they were supposed to do.
If/when I play electric guit or bass, I don't play the same music or the same style.

I have much respect for those who can play electric fretless bass :oops:

Reactions: Doffy

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
you know what's funny (or not really, and also not particularly interesting either) . . .

I'm kin'a spoiled/biased about that.
Electric guitar and bass are played in a truly stupid position (ergonomically, I mean).
I can really get into fretless when the neck of the instrument is vertical, my elbow is in good position, and thusly my wrist, and then the fingering is basically truly perpendicular to the fretboard.
Slung low and sideways, it's just way too awkward and I thank god for the frets so that I can just land somewhere in the area code of the notes I want to play.
When I played acoustic guitar, I would compose and play in proper classical seated position, and then my finn'ers could do like they were supposed to do.
If/when I play electric guit or bass, I don't play the same music or the same style.

I have much respect for those who can play electric fretless bass :oops:

man metal heads don't care about pain or joints or whatever! :evil::evil::headbang::headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread