◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
If you make a device which by definition is not a food or a drug, then i'm not really sure where the FDA has any jurisdiction, despite the general over-arching mission creep of most American government departments.

It's really far too late to assert some putative control over the contents of those devices or even the liquids they use because the genie is out of the bottle and most folks that have been playing this game for a while have enough supplies to last a dozen lifetimes.

T

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If you make a device which by definition is not a food or a drug, then i'm not really sure where the FDA has any jurisdiction, despite the general over-arching mission creep of most American government departments.
Personally, I don't see anything in the Constitution that gives the FedGov the power to regulate food, drugs, or tobacco at all, but that argument is moot under the precedent set by Wickard v. Filburn.

The Tobacco Control Act of 2009 gave the FDA jurisdiction over tobacco products. In fact, it required the FDA to impose certain regulations on cigarettes. It was passed by both houses of Congress and signed by a President, so it is the law of the land.

Initially the FDA tried to regulate vapor products out of existence as an unapproved drug (nicotine) delivery device, but Judge Leon told them something to the effect of, "Nuh uh, that nicotine comes from tobacco, so the most you can do is regulate them as tobacco products under the authority granted to you by the TCA" in the Sottera decision. So it is what it is.

Got nicotine? Got mech squonkers that will last a lifetime?

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Need help, identifying this odd yellow thing
3a74f55849791a31113079f98e561aaf.jpg

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
We're moving to the new house this weekend so don't know how much I will be able to participate for a little while. Here's the pics and our contractor says it looks like someone is setting up a haunted house. The white hole will be filled with a window unit........
We'll even be heating water for bathing in the driveway in buckets for awhile. At least we'll be ALONE for a change......:D
TFbNYCKm.jpg
oBkHsxUm.jpg
rktNrPIm.jpg
saBBFxxm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread