◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
Last night was strange. Our cat normally sleeps (or at least hangs out) on the bed most of the night. Not last night. This morning we figured out why when we found this little fellow in the house:

ZG16Boy.jpg

I took that picture after I evicted him onto the deck. He's a tiny little thing. Those are 13" tiles with 1/4" grout lines.
If red touches yellow, your a dead fellow. If red touches black, hes a friend of Jack. You found a non venomous kingsnake, not the poisonous coral snake.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Reactions: TamiPac

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
"Red touches yellow, kills a fellow. Red touches black, friend of Jack."

Notice on the guy we evicted, red touches black. It's a harmless Florida Scarlet Snake.

Beautiful snake :thumb:

They aren't rare but you don't see them often, they are generally pretty reclusive.

Funny story, my wife is mortally terrified of snakes and back when I was in landscaping I found a scarlet king one day. I wanted to bring it home to show my daughter but all I had to put it in was a big gulp cup. I cleaned it out and put the snake in it with some leaves and set it in a shady area. It was doing fine and when I got home my wife was there so I set the cup in the laundry. When I went to get it, the snake was gone :eek:

Never have found it to this day :oops:

If you ever meet my wife, please don't mention this :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: pdib

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
To me, either one is fine.

Here's a Pacific Ocean sunset for you; northern California in 2006:

lS7LLj9.jpg

Summer 2016 we rented a beach house for a week on St Joes peninsula, you probably saw pictures from the area after Hurricane Michael as it was just west of ground zero.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Joseph_Peninsula

5A1B947B-1EF7-4D39-9897-9D0507F5A8F9.jpeg

The peninsula where the house was located was only about a quarter of a mile wide. We were on the bay side so we got great views of the sunrise over the bay...

D4EB86CC-0E9B-4BBA-AB9C-EA75D4616CE5.jpeg

and in the evening we would walk a couple of blocks the other way and enjoy the sunset on the beach...

D247CA19-5B76-41CA-811F-721724E5271F.jpeg

The bay was only a few feet deep for quite a way out, loved walking down and enjoying the wildlife...

1C392A05-3E4B-4166-A0E2-EBA41EAAF784.jpeg

It’s a shame the whole area was devastated :(

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Summer 2016 we rented a beach house for a week on St Joes peninsula, you probably saw pictures from the area after Hurricane Michael as it was just west of ground zero.

It’s a shame the whole area was devastated :(
Just before we bought this place here, we were looking at a place on the southern crescent of beach in that satellite view. I'm not sure how badly that section got whacked my Michael.

Being real close to the beach is a risk anywhere in FL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread