◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Got my name that way.
Someone thought grandpa's S was a G, and he was smart enough to just accept he had a new last name, and not bother trying to get it fixed..

S and G.jpg

Like many surnames changed on arrival, with paperwork being the first time that people had to spell their name. Only ever knowing it spoken
Yes, that was a big thing here too.

e30ernest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Philippines
You guys have a funny idea when seasons start and end. In this hemisphere, where we don't need velcro soles on our shoes in order to keep from falling off the planet, it's as follows:

Winter Solstice -> Spring Equinox = Winter
Spring Equinox -> Summer Solstice = Spring
Summer Solstice -> Fall Equinox = Summer
Fall Equinox -> Winter Solstice = Fall / Autumn

In other words, it's still spring here for another few days. :vapor:

You will all love it here. Over here it's:

Winter Solstice -> Spring Equinox = Cooler Summer
Spring Equinox -> Summer Solstice = Hotter Summer
Summer Solstice -> Fall Equinox = Wetter Summer
Fall Equinox -> Winter Solstice = Fall / Still Wet Summer

We were able to secure travel passes so that we can leave the city and visit our family's bed and breakfast. We haven't been able to visit it since the pandemic hit (since late Feb) so now that travel is allowed (as long as you secure a pass from the city government), we decided to visit it.

NFSa9I0.jpg

C7M7xuH.jpg

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
List of my favourite things about winter.
Have you actually ever experienced a real winter?

Allow me to give you a taste. There are some old pictures taken at my house up in Pennsylvania:

I4sDIPm.jpg

iumXQsQ.jpg

That's why I now have a place in Florida! :D

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Have you actually ever experienced a real winter?

Allow me to give you a taste. There are some old pictures taken at my house up in Pennsylvania:

I4sDIPm.jpg

iumXQsQ.jpg
Not with snow. I did live in Canberra for 6 years (National Capital City) and part of that I was in a bungalow with thin tin roof. I think that the coldest night was minus 12°C in my time there.

Ballarat is also a cold place. I was there for a year. Temps milder, around 0 during winter. But it is a wet, windy place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread