◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
Not that anyone is waiting with baited breath, but my newly acquired Velocity V1 came with a challenge. I've tried hot and cold but haven't been able to get the cap off for cleaning and setup. Next approach is to take it out to my metal shop and press it off with a vise. I've rounded up makeshift tooling so it can be done without damaging or deforming it. I just need the time so I can take my time and focus so I don't screw it up. This Puppy's life is currently all work and no play. Probably this weekend unless I wake up early (night shift job).

I think I'll even dust off my newish fancy digital camera and charge the battery when the time finally comes. :)

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
How much is just a stand?
I'm thinking $20.

For a miniaturist painter in Pennsylvania.
oh! . . .. then fifty. :pervy:

Who follows the lamps on instagram since I showed her
twenny then. :D

is she the lettering artist? (or can you say . . . )

I'm not sure where this thing is going yet (i.e. anywhere, or just hobby and me with a bunch of pencils);
but I'm meeting another (different) lamp-selling place tomorrow. If she also is enthused and wants stuff in her gift shop, I may get up the courage to push it a little . . .
and that will pro'ly mean a little blip on instagram and then your friend will see them and she can DM or email me and yada.
but, really, if somebody wants something, I'm game. :)

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I've tried hot and cold but haven't been able to get the cap off . . .
you should try "just right"
nod.gif

Reactions: keithu2

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
I'm thinking $20.

oh! . . .. then fifty. :pervy:

twenny then. :D

is she the lettering artist? (or can you say . . . )

I'm not sure where this thing is going yet (i.e. anywhere, or just hobby and me with a bunch of pencils);
but I'm meeting another (different) lamp-selling place tomorrow. If she also is enthused and wants stuff in her gift shop, I may get up the courage to push it a little . . .
and that will pro'ly mean a little blip on instagram and then your friend will see them and she can DM or email me and yada.
but, really, if somebody wants something, I'm game. :)
yes, the lettering :)

i haven't told her, thinking it can just show up unannounced

i will PM you after a few* coffees

*lots

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
I've tried hot and cold but haven't been able to get the cap off for cleaning and setup. Next approach is to take it out to my metal shop and press it off with a vise.
I've always had luck screwing it onto a junker 510 and wrapping a thick rubber band around the cap, giving more grip while twisting/pulling. Good luck!

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Tamers pinged me recently. She's doing fine as far as I can tell. I suspect she might be up north somewhere. Possibly in the middle of travels... maybe.

Tami))))))))
she was summer-readying house, maybe 10 days ago

has been posting on FB. But not "look at me doing this thing" type posts. So IDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread