◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia

Attachments

• 20220911_071546.jpg
      20220911_071546.jpg
      2 MB · Views: 1
    • 20220911_062441.jpg
      20220911_062441.jpg
      2.2 MB · Views: 6
    • 20220911_062443.jpg
      20220911_062443.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 1
    • 20220911_062738.jpg
      20220911_062738.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 1
    • 20220911_062911.jpg
      20220911_062911.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 1
    • 20220911_062913.jpg
      20220911_062913.jpg
      1.9 MB · Views: 1
    • 20220911_062916.jpg
      20220911_062916.jpg
    • 20220911_062919.jpg
      20220911_062919.jpg
    • 20220911_063158.jpg
      20220911_063158.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 1
    • 20220911_063202.jpg
      20220911_063202.jpg
      999.4 KB · Views: 1

pdib

Registered Supplier - Offline
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2012
    www.e-cigarette-forum.com
      Ha! I read it! probably not till closer to the end of 2022. I wrote a story with no outlining whatsoever. It came out ok, but it was missing a whole bunch of things that make a story great. So I'm kind of starting over with a beat sheet (basically plot points & notes) so I won't forget anything and I can use most of what I already wrote,

Should take me a few months, and then I have to get it edited. Hopefully, I can get it out right after that. I'll post a free download here. All I ask is for an honest review on Amason

I explained a lot of this in a post on my site, and in an email if you sign up for my newsletter.

Ken Fair

laterz,
      Kenisgoingtoreadtherest

Oh! BTW Honest means good. All reviews should be good! I don't care if the book is a pile of doo, all reviews have to be good.

That is all,
      Wouldn'tyouwanttobeaKenbotoo

The nice part is that the business has changed. You used to have to send out a million letters/emails to agents and publishers before (If you were lucky) you would get picked up by one of them. Then it would take months (up to a year) before you got published, and then you had to be lucky to sell your book.

Now places like Amazon & Apple books allow you to personally upload ebooks when they are ready. Paperbacks and Hardbacks are printed on demand, and you can't tell the difference if it was traditionallly published.

The cover artists, editors, and marketing are much more available also. You used to not be able to get that stuff unless you went through a traditional publisher.

The business of Authoring has changed. One thing that hasn't changed. People won't buy a book without reviews... GOOD REVIEWS!

Kentastic

okay, yep.

hah! remember when we used to do that? You'd blather on in your 'tastic fashion (which I always enjoyed the peas out of), and then I'd, "yep".
      Anyway, anyone who's interested, GO SIGN UP on Kinnyâchka's page (kenfair.me) . . . . cause this thread may or may not be here by the time he's publishing!
      And I have an inkling . .. . just a hunch . .. . that good reviews would be a bonus.
      Dunno, just hunchin' :?:

TamiPac

Vaping Master
      ECF Veteran
      Verified Member
      Jun 10, 2014
      SE Texas
        okay, yep.

hah! remember when we used to do that? You'd blather on in your 'tastic fashion (which I always enjoyed the peas out of), and then I'd, "yep".
        Anyway, anyone who's interested, GO SIGN UP on Kinnyâchka's page (kenfair.me) . . . . cause this thread may or may not be here by the time he's publishing!
        And I have an inkling . .. . just a hunch . .. . that good reviews would be a bonus.
        Dunno, just hunchin' :?:
        Is that a heads-up that you're closing the thread?

• Wow
        Reactions: X-Puppy

pdib

ECF Veteran
        Nov 23, 2012
          Is that a heads-up that you're closing the thread?
          technically, no; because the heads up would've been about a year n' a half ago.
          almost did last year, and then couldn't bring myself to; so it follows . . . .
          but nothing definite has happened yet, so who knows?

pdib

ECF Veteran
          Nov 23, 2012
            Took me long enough ?

:cry:

It's just a tiny chip...but still a chip.
            And I am crushed !
            A dot of crazy glue or clear nail polish perhaps ?
            I was just celebrating all the years of no chip on your cap . . .. is all I meant.

I would be fixing it with superglue, yes.
            A dot, as you say, and just leave it to do what it wants (don't try to manipulate it , or it will turn into a much bigger task*).
            After it dries, another dot, if needed, and so on.

If I'm trying to fill a void that's on an outside corner, I turn it upside down after dropping the glue on.
            It sort of helps for it to build in the low area and not flow away from where you want to fill.

*well, I mean, if you want to move it a bit (like with the tip of a needle), just in the first seconds, could be ok. I'd practice a dot or two on something else first.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
            ECF Veteran
            Verified Member
            Apr 1, 2013
            Springfield, MO
              It was 52 years ago today that one of the biggest events happened where I live. We were woke up in the middle of the night by a loud noise and the house shaking. My Grandfather called my dad and asked if he knew what was going on. Grandpa lived about 3 miles away, so it was something big. Daddy called a buddy that was a deputy and he said he had to leave his house to go but all he knew was a big explosion on I44. Tri-state truckers were on strike, and they had been harassing the "scabs". Tri-state trucking (which is still in business) hauls hazardous materials. A couple of the union strikers were on an overpass and shot into the cab of a Tri-state truck. The bullet went through the cab and into the trailer which was loaded with 20 tons of dynamite. The explosion was 7 miles as the crow flies from our house. We went the next day (as everyone did) to see and there was an enormous crater, bits of aluminum strewn for miles, Stucky's a few hundred feet away was pretty much destroyed, and the highway signs were bent over towards the crater. Bert later told Daddy that he found a boot with a foot in it and another deputy found part of a hand seared to a piece of the steering wheel. Glass was broken up to 15 miles away. The pictures do not really convey the enormity of the crater like seeing it firsthand.

Tri-State.jpg
              Tri-State1.jpg
              Tri-State2.jpg
              Tri-State3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

')