★★★ Kebo Russian & R91% Owners Thread ★★★

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCoys

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
★★★SeaXXle★★★
★★★Although the Kebo Russians are clones this is not a thread about Russians and kayfun clones★★★

Have looked everywhere and asked around about a thread for and about Kebo Russians, their Owners and their opinions, tips and maintenance of their Russians.

Although the Russians are a clone of the wonderful svoemesto Kayfuns they do have different features that set them apart :

★ A two piece truly adjustable 510 pin

★ A higher grade stainless steel (316 vs. 304)

★ The R91% has incredibly adjustable air flow characteristics (as does the Full Russian)

★ Different finishes and frosted M tank

The Russians also have great support for spare parts. (RussianRBA.com and Fatdaddyvapes)

It would be nice to have one thread where a person can ask and find answers to the quirks of the Russians as well.
★ How did you decide upon the Russian(s)?

★ How many and what iterations do you have?

★ Where to purchase

★ Evolution of the Russians

★ Favorite coil build and the power settings to run them

★ Fill port preference(s)

Looking forward to hearing from y'all about your journey with the Russian!!

Last edited:

McCoys

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
★★★SeaXXle★★★
I guess I should start out by saying that I grew tired of cartos and found my "thing" in RBA's with a Kayfun clone I bought off eBay. The thing leaked and the deck screws spit out the coil wires. I came across some Kayfun deck screws and pried the 510's center pin up to make contact. All the time I would watch coil builds here and on youtube.
I bought a black Kebo R91 used off ebay for $65 and began to love it. The air-flow modulation is impeccable, the deck was easy to work on and filling was a breeze. I ran into trouble when I situated the coil to close to the air screw inlet and had leakage problems. A quick PM to another member here solved the problem. "Situate the coil a good 1mm to 2mm up off the inlet" . I now have two R91's and two Full Russians. Never paid more than $75 for either. I flush mounted my MVP2 so my tanks would sit on the MVP top deck evenly. I keep the tanks filled with my favorite flavors and use them all!!
10702074_10152784123689248_2019531601047838100_n.jpg

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Ahhh. A thread for the Russians. I have 3 Russian 91%. Two of the version 1 which I love and one of the first run of the version 2 that came with that horrible spring loaded 510 center pin.

You can add VaporDNA to your spare parts supplier list for the r91. That is where I purchased my v1 center pin to replace that nasty spring loaded pin. It works great now though I do have to tighten the center pin more often than I like. I much prefer the version 1 Russian 91%.

I use 28ga and 30ga kanthal wire for my builds. I currently use Koh Gen Doh cotton for my wicking. I also use organic cotton balls sometimes but prefer the KGD. I tried rayon from Sally's Beauty Supply but never did figure out the right amount of wicking to use so went back to the KGD.

My coils are single coils and I use the 28ga for the 1.5ohm range and tobacco vapes. The 30ga I use for the 1.5 to 2.0ohm builds that I vape teas and bakery type flavors with.

I use the Artistic Wire Gizmo coil winder jig that I purchased at Hobby Lobby for under $10. I use the 2nd to the smallest rod which is approximately 1.5mm diameter. It makes winding coils much easier for the arthritic hands of an old lady. The smallest rod is tiny and can be used for nano coils where you lay your wicking material across the top. The larger rod is 3mm and I think is too big for coils but I have never tried so I am not sure on that.

I also drip on Joye 510 attys and find that most of my juices have much better flavor on my Russian 91% and the convenience of not having to drip 3 drops at a time is fantastic.

I have the greatest success when I use clearer juices in the 70pg/30vg ratio. Many nets and the dark and thick juices make it so that I have to change the wick too often to be completely enjoyable. I like to get a good 4 days with my wick if I can.

I fill from the bottom. I have filled from the top a few times and just think it is easier for me to use the bottom fill port. I do not change the airflow often but with some juices I do adjust it. Depends on the juice and the flavor.

I find the deck very easy to build on. I wish the screws on the posts were a tad larger. I have trouble mounting my coils sometimes.

All in all I love my Russians.

Dshobe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Denver, CO
I have my third Russian 91% on the way. I love 'em! The airflow is perfect for me. Love the fill port, and the threaded drip tip. The ease of building and wicking is great as well. The only issue I have had is if something goes awry I have to drain the tank before I can access the deck. I have a squape Reloaded clone on pre-order that looks like it may have solved that issue.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Ahhh.

You can add VaporDNA to your spare parts supplier list for the r91. That is where I purchased my v1 center pin to replace that nasty spring loaded pin. It works great now though I do have to tighten the center pin more often than I like. I much prefer the version 1 Russian 91%.

That is my only problem with the Russian. If I didn't have to tighten that center pin all the time so the deck wouldn't move it would be perfect.

Anyone order a non adjustable center pin from fatdaddy? Does it work well?

danfinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
Virgo Super Cluster
IMG_2446Copy_zpse84f5639.jpg

At first I used a couple of the extra o-rings which came with the russian. That worked for a while until I started getting leaks from the center pin. I replaced the deck insulator and figured while I had the center pin out I'd really take care of the wobbly. Those EVOD center pin insulators fit just right. They need a couple of mm trimmed from the length as they are just a bit too long. Used a jewelers flat blade screw driver to press fit the insulator into the housing as I was screwing the center pin in. Takes a bit of poking but once it's in there the center pin is nice and snug. It hasn't budged in over a month.

That is my only problem with the Russian. If I didn't have to tighten that center pin all the time so the deck wouldn't move it would be perfect.

Anyone order a non adjustable center pin from fatdaddy? Does it work well?

Last edited:

McCoys

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
★★★SeaXXle★★★

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA

McCoys

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
★★★SeaXXle★★★
The beauty of the two piece pin is that one holds the positive block to the build deck and the second adjusts to the mods 510 depth. The Kayfun has the single pin that holds the block to the deck and may be hit or miss with the depth of the mods 510 well.
To answer your question, as long as you use the kits positive block that will match the threading on the pin all should be fine. I am betting the pin would work with either positive block though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread