♥ I Think I'm In love ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I just got a mod set up to take 510 (one more in the making) so I'm thinking about taking the plunge so I'm glad to hear you like them.

-------------------------------------------
UK Vapefest
UKVapefest 2010 is heading your way !! – 23rd October 2010 « UK Vapefest
Stalking the mailperson support group
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...121112-stalking-mailperson-support-group.html
----------------------------------------------
Support CASAA
CASAA | The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association
Don’t forget to donate to IVAQS research
CASAA.org

Three4Me

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2010
NC
I just got a mod set up to take 510 (one more in the making) so I'm thinking about taking the plunge so I'm glad to hear you like them.

UK Vapefest
UKVapefest 2010 is heading your way !! – 23rd October 2010 « UK Vapefest
Stalking the mailperson support group
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...121112-stalking-mailperson-support-group.html
----------------------------------------------
Support CASAA
CASAA | The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association
Don’t forget to donate to IVAQS research
CASAA.org

I would say go for it :)

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
depends... lots of them take different types of batteries...depending on the LR atty and it's resistance it simulates 5V with a regular atty...
but now there are mods that have variable voltage and juice feeders...

right now I'd have to say my absolute favorite is a homemade mod running a LR 306 atty at 3.7V with a bottom fed juice feeder and a home made drip tip...

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I have a 5v passthru and a couple of 3.7v mods, and 3.x v batteries. FYI - Don't use LR atties on 5V mods! It will blow them.

I find that the LR atties change the flavor; they have a kind of "aftertaste" like ... IDK... burned e-juice. At least the one that I have tried does. It produces great vapor, however, on my 3.x setups. I still use it. Doesn't seem too hot (on the outside). The 5V passthru doesn't do this with the regular atties.

Three4Me

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2010
NC

Thanks, I will have to check that out tomorrow!

FYI - Don't use LR atties on 5V mods! It will blow them.

I will definitely keep that in mind when I take the plunge into getting a mod.

right now I'd have to say my absolute favorite is a homemade mod running a LR 306 atty at 3.7V with a bottom fed juice feeder and a home made drip tip...

Wow... that is all WAY over my head. The bottom fed juice feeder sounds very interesting.

One source is battery junction. I bought my charger and 3v tenergy batteries from them. Work great in the silver bullet and you can get the use of your regular 510's as well!

The silver bullet is one of those that I looked at briefly as I don't have the money to get a mod right now. It is definitely still on my list to look at further when I am closer to being able to buy a mod.

Has anyone noticed, (or is it just me?) that the LR atty's (for a 510) are really good for the first few days or so, and then altho still working, start to seem just like a regular atty?

I have only used mine for a couple days so far. Will let you know how it is with a couple more days of use.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
FYI - Don't use LR atties on 5V mods! It will blow them.

Not necessarily so. I'm using the same LR for the past couple of weeks with a 5v mod and it's working like it did on the 1st day. It depends on how you vape, where you get your LR attys, and how well you maintain your equipment.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Wow... that is all WAY over my head. The bottom fed juice feeder sounds very interesting.

it's probably less over your head than you think... box mods are really rediculous cheap and easy to build

doing the bottom feeder is just slightly more advanced...

but looking at things like the phidias feedimus or the kaji journeyman, reo, or the Ali'i as examples..... the bottom feeding it has a juice bottle inside and with a little squeeze it pusses juice up into the atty eliminating the need to drip and super easy to keep the atty wet.... the drip tip (well I'm a cheap :censored: and made my own) as for the 306 it's an awesome atty with an exposed bridge and wick that fits 510 threads and doesnt "hold" flavors as long as the 510 when switching flavors... it's just looking at alot of different features and things and tweaking stuff to be optimal....

and like I said I'm just a cheap sob so a lot of my stuff is homemade... but you can buy all of it (if I were to buy it outright I'd buy for example the Ali'i from Ali'i Custom Order (or something similar), a LR 306 atty from nhaler or eliquidplanet (I want the cisco ones), and a 306 drip tip from someplace like nhaler (not a necessity, but nice)... same exact thing...difference is I built my box...

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I find that the LR atties change the flavor; they have a kind of "aftertaste" like ... IDK... burned e-juice.
I have a theory that people who take longer drags don't like LR atomizers as much.
That is the reason I don't like them anyway, they make my juice taste burnt when I take a long drag.

And I always take long drags, I don't want to take short little puffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread