✰✰✰ NEW RAINBOW BATTERIES!!!✰✰✰ - available now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
I've been looking into Swarovski-type rhinestones... size SS42 = +/- 9.1mm - perfect! Unfoiled for transparency. There was a thread here somewhere explaining how to attach it to a hollowed out stock gray ashcap...

Cindy, it's in the Bling Your Volts thread. I want to try that too. Just haven't gotten to JoAnns yet.

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
The folks that ordered the minute these became available should be getting theirs today. Make sure to post and tell us all how pretty they are. I'm trying to live vicariously, since mine won't be in till Mon or Tues.:D

They are beautiful! :) Imagine was right about the color changing with the light, I bought 2 of them (just to compare the difference, of course!) and I'm having a hard time putting them down. How does it look at this angle? How about this one? Too much fun!

Cindy, it's in the Bling Your Volts thread. I want to try that too. Just haven't gotten to JoAnns yet.

That was me that posted the DIY. I just ordered some rhinestones, although I ordered ss40 and some 8mm. I had used flatbacks before so I'm hoping the pointed back (chaton) ones will work. Where there's a will there's a way! I did find some cut gemstones that tempted me, they are about $1.50-2.00 each so not too bad if the shipping is free, and oh so sparkly!

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
They are beautiful! :) Imagine was right about the color changing with the light, I bought 2 of them (just to compare the difference, of course!) and I'm having a hard time putting them down. How does it look at this angle? How about this one? Too much fun!

That was me that posted the DIY. I just ordered some rhinestones, although I ordered ss40 and some 8mm. I had used flatbacks before so I'm hoping the pointed back (chaton) ones will work. Where there's a will there's a way! I did find some cut gemstones that tempted me, they are about $1.50-2.00 each so not too bad if the shipping is free, and oh so sparkly!
Oh, so it was you! Nice! :thumb:
I'm finding that good SS42s are hard to come by. Then there's the issue of attaching glass well enough that it doesn't fall off. Then there's removing the foil backing to make it more transparent. Then there's all the cool Aurora Borealis colors (there's a place that has them in Plexiglass, much blingier than the regular plastic ones). Then there's the little air vent thing (I have all manuals, but I may wanna share if it works). Darn you and your idea. :grr: I'm obsessing now, can you tell? :laugh:

Last edited:

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
Oh, so it was you! Nice! :thumb:
I'm finding that good SS42s are hard to come by. Then there's the issue of attaching glass well enough that it doesn't fall off. Then there's removing the foil backing to make it more transparent. Then there's all the cool Aurora Borealis colors (there's a place that has them in Plexiglass, much blingier than the regular plastic ones). Then there's the little air vent thing (I have all manuals, but I may wanna share if it works). Darn you and your idea. :grr: I'm obsessing now, can you tell? :laugh:

You know, I have dissected a jewel tip and the rhinestones that SI uses are glass, but with the plastic tip plus glue it makes them look cloudy, bubbles etc. I am checking to see if different glue will dry clearer. I totally cut back the 'setting' part that is behind there, it makes a big difference in how the 'stone' looks! I have all automatics (so far lol!) so yeah, the air vent thingy is important. If only the original ash cap was just made flat and smooth, would be a whole lot easier to doctor them up. Oh, and in colors, yeah, colors..........

Sorry about sharing the obsession, but two heads are better than one? ;)

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Haha, or SI could just stop defaulting to WHITE LEDs! That would solve ALL my problems! Or they could use all their hookups in China to make tips that look like these!

flat_back_acrylic_rhinestones_250x600.jpg

or these!
the_abs_full.jpg

(both of these are the plexiglass ones - yep, flatbacks, but foiled and foil can't be removed by vinegar and salt solution on these, because it would eat the plexiglass. You can special order unfoiled, but you'd have to order a massive quantity...but if I had SI's China connection...;) )

Last edited:

CatLady007

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
FL Panhandle
Haha, or SI could just stop defaulting to WHITE LEDs! That would solve ALL my problems! Or they could use all their hookups in China to make tips that look like these!

flat_back_acrylic_rhinestones_250x600.jpg

or these!
the_abs_full.jpg

(both of these are the plexiglass ones).

Wow, cindy; those are nice. And all plexiglass? Do they have flat backs? I am artsy/craftsy-challanged, but always appreciative of the results. (And I've been known to be instrumental in designing jigs to build artsy/craftsy stuff on.) Dear Lord, if mankind had had to wait on me to invent the wheel, they'd have never made it out of the Stone Age--but I can help figure out a better way to make 'em!

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
You know, I have dissected a jewel tip and the rhinestones that SI uses are glass, but with the plastic tip plus glue it makes them look cloudy, bubbles etc. I am checking to see if different glue will dry clearer. I totally cut back the 'setting' part that is behind there, it makes a big difference in how the 'stone' looks! I have all automatics (so far lol!) so yeah, the air vent thingy is important. If only the original ash cap was just made flat and smooth, would be a whole lot easier to doctor them up. Oh, and in colors, yeah, colors..........

Sorry about sharing the obsession, but two heads are better than one? ;)

Try Gem-Tac. That's what I've used to attach Swarovski's to my PV's. It goes on milky, but dries crystal clear and very, very strong hold. Love the stuff!!

Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive - Artbeads.com

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
Try Gem-Tac. That's what I've used to attach Swarovski's to my PV's. It goes on milky, but dries crystal clear and very, very strong hold. Love the stuff!!

Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive - Artbeads.com

Thank you Rave, good to know that you have used it so successfully. Now about that link, lol, oh boy, here we go! Look at all the shiny things!! :)

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
the order is in for the rainbow X2's... should be about 3 -weeks
I just got mine, as well...fabulous!!! I want 2 650 X2's just like this.
I promptly removed the ash cap and installed a diamond end; whoever said it earlier was entirely correct: the gray ash cap just doesn't do these justice.
....soooo pretty:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread