hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I found a 0.2 lying around and tried that just now. Guess what? It works perfectly!
    View attachment 945899

So I think it’s safe to say that GTX Go pods don’t really work with all the GTX coils?

Though I don’t use 0.2 ohms. I only use 0.8 or 0.6 so I’m not sure what I’m gonna do now. How am I supposed to use this?

BTW I had 2 GTX Go 26 pods and they both have the same issue.

So you bought just the pods? The pods are designed for the GTX Go 80.

tolgahan

Mar 6, 2021
    Actually they do work with all coils on the device that they were designed to be used on. They were designed to work on the GTX GO 80. It's just bonus that the pod fits on the PX80.

So you bought just the pods? The pods are designed for the GTX Go 80.

I understand that but the problem here is with the pods. GTX 0.6/0.8 ohm coils don't fit into GTX GO Pod 26. That's the problem. I showed a picture with PX80 to properly display the situation since it raises the o-rings on the pod so we can see better.

But if I use it with GTX Go 80, it won't fit either.

Again, the problem is with the GTX Go Pod, regardless of the mod we use.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I understand that but the problem here is with the pods. GTX 0.6/0.8 ohm coils don't fit into GTX GO Pod 26. That's the problem. I showed a picture with PX80 to properly display the situation since it raises the o-rings on the pod so we can see better.

But if I use it with GTX Go 80, it won't fit either.

Again, the problem is with the GTX Go Pod, regardless of the mod we use.

Do you have the gtx go 80? I'll grab one of mine when I get home and try a .6 coil in it so I can see for myself. I'll post a picture when I do. I guess it could be a flaw.

tolgahan

Mar 6, 2021
    Do you have the gtx go 80? I'll grab one of mine when I get home and try a .6 coil in it so I can see for myself. I'll post a picture when I do. I guess it could be a flaw.
    I don’t have the GTX GO 80 but the issue is with the GTX GO pod. Maybe it’s with my particular pod itself.

Please let me know after trying yourself. I’m interested to see.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I will try it tonight after work and let you know.

I don’t have the GTX GO 80 but the issue is with the GTX GO pod. Maybe it’s with my particular pod itself.

Please let me know after trying yourself. I’m interested to see.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Sorry I forgot to post last night. I tried the coil in the 26 tank with the go and it fits fine but only blocks airflow on the px80. Like I was trying to explain before, the 26 tank was designed specifically for the go 80 and not the px80.

48b54f2a89a8d7d0963bf285217f5d76.jpg

c0ae23ab56b41f3946ca9364036a408f.jpg

tolgahan

Mar 6, 2021
    Sorry I forgot to post last night. I tried the coil in the 26 tank with the go and it fits fine but only blocks airflow on the px80. Like I was trying to explain before, the 26 tank was designed specifically for the go 80 and not the px80.

48b54f2a89a8d7d0963bf285217f5d76.jpg

c0ae23ab56b41f3946ca9364036a408f.jpg
    But the way 0.6 ohm coil fits into the pod, it feels like it doesn't fit properly and leak eventually.

I'm going to get myself a GTX 80 and try filling the tank as well.

tolgahan

Mar 6, 2021
    I watched while I inserted the coil and had to make sure to align the small tip of the coil with the tube but it did go in.
    Doesn’t it leave a little ledge on the bottom of the pod? 0.2 coil sits flash to the pod while 0.6 coil pops out a little from the bottom of the pod and this makes me think it’ll leak.

You can try shaking the empty pod while 0.2 and 0.6 coils inserted and you’ll see 0.6 coil falls while 0.2 stays in tact. That’s what I’m talking about.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I’ll get it back out this weekend and try it with liquid in the tank and vape it for a while. I noticed the distance from the base of the tank to the air holes is different on the 26 tank and the px80 tank so was thinking that’s why the airflow is partially blocked when the 26 is put on the px80.

tolgahan

Mar 6, 2021
    I’ll get it back out this weekend and try it with liquid in the tank and vape it for a while. I noticed the distance from the base of the tank to the air holes is different on the 26 tank and the px80 tank so was thinking that’s why the airflow is partially blocked when the 26 is put on the px80.
    In general, yes it’s a bit blocked on PX80 but that’s not the problem.

The problem is with the 0.6 coil the holes get even more blocked while 0.2 they don’t. That’s because 0.6/0.8 coils don’t fit properly to the pod and leave a little ledge on the bottom.

That’s why I stated that not every GTX coil work with the GTX GO Pod. Again it’s not about the PX80. It’s about the pod itself.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I had about ten reviews in a row and had forgotten that I did try a .6 coil in the 26 with the go 80. It was an airy mtl vape but worked. Depending on the coil each has a different amount of airflow available due to the size of the opening. However, I’ll try it again this weekend.

tolgahan

Mar 6, 2021
    I had about ten reviews in a row and had forgotten that I did try a .6 coil in the 26 with the go 80. It was an airy mtl vape but worked. Depending on the coil each has a different amount of airflow available due to the size of the opening. However, I’ll try it again this weekend.
    I tried with 0.8 ohm GTX2 coils (the ones with 3 o-rings) and they work fine. I think the problem is with the GTX coils. New GTX2 coils work just fine.

gtx-hl-05-0.8-1.png

The one on the left is GTX coil and the right one is GTX2 coils. They have 3 o-rings. Looks like new GTX2 coils work while the old ones don't.

Anyway, so far I'm happy that I could insert 0.8 ohm coils which sits flash and doesn't leave a ledge.

Cheers!

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I’m running one of the old .6 coils in the 26 pod right now on the go 80 and it’s working fine with no leaking. My only complaint is it’s a bit warm of a vape for my tastes. On the gtx go80 the airflow isn’t blocked at all.

I was going to try a .8 but the only ones I had were gtx2 so figured it was pointless.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread