$0.13 - $0.38 per day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran a few calcs today to see how much I spend on juice now that I DIY. For unflavored juice, with 1 liter of 100 mg nic base ($50), two liters of VG ($18.75 each), and 10% water, my 33 mg mix costs $0.0265 per ml. For flavorings, I just used nice round numbers, since that varies quite a bit; $1.00 per ml at 5% flavor adds $0.05 per ml, which brings the cost up to $0.0765 per ml. I am newish at this, so I have been buying flavors in small bottles, so it could be substantially less if buying in larger quantities, and cost per ml could be more for higher flavoring percentages. Lower nic levels in the final mix would also reduce cost, and other nic sources are more expensive, so of course ymmv.

I vape about 5 ml/day, so that comes out to a little over $0.13/day, for unflavored, and $0.38/day for flavored. Since I do both, my average cost is actually about $0.26 per day. Shipping costs were not included, since I used a free shipping after $75 option. DIY hardware costs are not included, but for me that is just a couple of disposable syringes and some re-used bottles from pre-made juice.

Of course I also had to invest in PVs, and rechargeable batteries, wick, and wire for coils are consumables. I haven't really settled on a specific setup yet, so I don't have enough data to come up with a cost over time for that.

Goompa

Verified Member
May 25, 2014
Wyoming
I was interested in knowing my DIY costs also, so I added a section to my Juice Mixing calculator in an Excel spreadsheet.
I even added the shipping costs to the purchase price so I have the exact total spent on every milliliter of all my ingredients used.
I vape 4~5 ml per day, so I figure I'm spending < $0.50 daily on juice.

cost.jpg

I didn't realize that the flavors might only be ~10% of the mix, but accounts for ~60% of the total cost.

Still very happy with the whole DIY experience.

RonJS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
SW Chicagoland, IL
I vape about 5 ml/day, so that comes out to a little over $0.13/day, for unflavored, and $0.38/day for flavored. Since I do both, my average cost is actually about $0.26 per day.

A fine breakdown of costs!

For me there is an additional cost not yet mentioned that I will not try to compute. That's for the flavors I buy that I only use once because I don't like them. Thankfully, with the help of this Forum, that dollar amount is not all that significant. :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread