0.15mm vs 0.20mm heatwire, whats the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
0.15mm vs 0.20mm heatwire, whats the difference? ............about .05mm.....:ohmy::p haha, just funnin mate.

The smaller diameter thinner wire will have a higher resistance per length than the thicker wires.

If you wanted to build a coil at say 2ohms, a .20mm wire might take 6 wraps/coils whereas a .15mm wire would only take maybe 4 wraps/coils to get the same 2ohms.

Opinions, tastes, vapor, and coil performance all vary from user to user and there isn't really a set-in-stone "best setup" for everybody. A good place to start for a 3.7v unregulated mod, I would suggest around a 1.8ohm - 2ohm coil and see how you like it and adjust from there.

The different wire thicknesses perform a lil differently also. The thinner wires tend to heat up very quickly and can give you a more "instant-on" vape and the thicker ones have a slightly slower heat up time that is a touch more mellow, imo. Again, this is mostly personal preference and only you can decide what you like best.

My personal favorite is 34g (prolly the.15mm) at around 2 - 2.4ohms and I run that on my Provari at about 4.5v.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask if you have any other concerns. cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread