0.7 ohm Aspire Coil Rebuild Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma S.

May 13, 2017
Hi all,

I have recently upgraded to the nautilus 2 mini and loving it but time came to rebuild my 0.7 coil. I cannot figure out what wire gauge I should use. I only have 31 awg left over from my T3S but it doesnt seem suitable. The original head has wider airflow (than the 1.8 coil) and with 31 awg it comes down to like 3 wraps that way. Also do we know the exact diameter of the 0.7's?

Thank you in advance!

T.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Part of what is making this confusing is there is a nautilus 2 and a nautilus mini but no nautilus 2 mini that I can find. Both of them are drop in coil cartridge tanks with no RBA deck at all.

You COULD be attempting to rebuild a nautilus 2 or nautilus mini cartridge, which I understand is possible, though annoying and difficult because of the small size. Most people just buy new cartridges

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
My mistake I suppose :) It's Nautilus 2.

And these are the heads. I know for a fact people are rebuilding them just not sure about the exact specs. I guess I'll just buy a new pack, disassemble a few carefully and start from there. No way to find the wire gauge though (don't have precision tool to measure).
It’s better to have a mess of em to rebuild at once anyway. Goes faster and you don’t have to do it as often. If you get the name of the actual coil head. (It’s going to be like nautilus bcc or whichever). You should be able to just google a rebuild video

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    You just need 1 old one. Drop your coil rod down the center hole till you find the one that fits tightest. Now you have the ID. The difference between the coils were the size of the ID and juice holes. Although that video shows a horizontal build, you can do a vertical build with the cotton on the outer portion of the coil.

Reactions: bombastinator

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    Please take pics and post your success... I've dabbled a few times to rebuild them.... kinda PITA..
    You have to bang out the top section of the coil to gain access.. Aspire did not make it easy to do....
    I found it easier just to buy the coils honestly... I have RTA tanks if I want to build and save $$. I like the N2 for the convenience of pre built coils..
    Best of luck... post pics plz..

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    I wonder if you rebuilt using SS wire if you could use those coils in temp mode?
    Sure can!
    You have to bang out the top section of the coil to gain access.. Aspire did not make it easy to do....
    I found it easier just to buy the coils honestly
    Yeah, can't remember how I managed to get the outer casing caught in a socket ..... and it's still there. WAY easier to buy premade.

New smoker

Jul 12, 2017
    Egypt
    I have the sam problem i try to rebuild it but I failed ( wrong ohm ) and the taste of ejuice not good with normal cotton i think this is big reason i need ohm 0.7 but the ohm is 0.80 up to 0.90 some times the ohm is 1.9 I don’t know why I’m not clever and high ohm make my battery drain faster and the mode hot but some people succeed to rebuild it i think thry use jabanees cotton

New smoker

Jul 12, 2017
    Egypt
    Sounds like you need a RTA.
    I think firebird tank will works fine with my zelos mode its 50 watt only i smoke on 12 watt or 15 watt, the coils with low ohm make battery work for 2 days the coils with 1.8 ohm make my battery work for 1 day its built in but good 2500 MaH

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
    Oct 17, 2017
    I think firebird tank will works fine with my zelos mode its 50 watt only i smoke on 12 watt or 15 watt, the coils with low ohm make battery work for 2 days the coils with 1.8 ohm make my battery work for 1 day its built in but good 2500 MaH
    Looks like a fairly easy tank to work on and single coil at that

wheelie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    www.independentont.com
    Their are two types of coils for the Nautilus. One is a vertical coil and one is horizontal coil. The vertical coil (newer style) has a white plastic looking o-ring in the bottom to separate the wires going to the rubber grommet. They are both fairly easy to rebuild but vertical coils vape better and a little easier to get right. I have rebuilt hundreds over the year I managed a vape shop. Take your time and you will get it right and when you do, you will be able to rebuild about 90 percent of the coils on the market. I started off with Kanger duel coils from way back which were even more tedious to work on. CHEERS!

wheelie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    www.independentont.com
    I'd love pics to, I have a whole jar of N2 heads that I'm keeping and planning on rebuilding should it ever become necessary. I wonder if you rebuilt using SS wire if you could use those coils in temp mode?

Anna
    Yes you can. Vapes pretty good. My wife vapes three Melo 3 tanks and that all I use is SS wire. Dual parallel 26G SS and they 36 ohms. She vapes 33 watts. 5mm air space up the middle with a vertical coil. Same idea just a little bigger animizer or casing if one want to call it that. :) :) CHEERS!

• Love
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread