1.2 Ohm/3.2v battery .... recommended settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaBrz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2009
Florida
Sorry for not doing the research, but tomorrow I am leaving for a trip and appreciate any quick advice.

Yesterday, after purchasing a much-needed new tank, I finally realized that I had to semi-retire my Provari's. Evidently all is about wattage these days and not voltage.

At a local B&M, I grabbed a new iStick 30W and a Kangertech Subtank Nano, found a few Ohm's Law calculator sites, but I am still skeptical about the different setting recommendations I am getting.

Obviously, I do not want the iStick to blow up, but I am not getting the same vaping pleasure I did with the old-style provari and older tanks. Same eliquid, but zero throat hit and little vapor.

Can somebody please just provide me with the settings I need to use for this week?

I PROMISE to come back and contribute more again to this great community.

_______
Tobacco-free since March 2012 -- ONLY because of electronic cigarettes and the great ECF forum
_______

Thanks much,
Sea

SeaBrz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2009
Florida
Oh my gosh, thank you both for your very informative replies. Someone sent me a PM and reminded me that I am likely seeing horror stories because of mods that should not have happened. I am sure now that is what got me worried.

Cloudmann .. I have cranked my Nano up to 15W and it is delightful. I obviously forgot everything I learned decades ago in trig/calc classes

:thumb: - Thanks again for advice and calming my fears

I WILL be back

~Sea

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
glad that is working for you :)
old rule of thumb you take your ohm and add 2 to get the volt :)
so a 1.8ohm would be set at around 3.8v or 7w then adjust according to your own taste....if you start getting dry hits you've pushed it up to high :) (or need more juice)
but yep it's all about personal preference....i stick in the 8 to 9w range....sometimes for giggles i'll shoot up to 13 - 15 but not for long....and on harsh throat hit juices i go down to 5w...

as for volts vs watts, it's up to you....until i got my istick 30w i never did really get into watts i think being able to see how the volts and watts work together helped a bit for my brain to understand better, there's about .4w to every .1v so using watts you can fine tune a bit more to your own tastes

Reactions: gamegirl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread