1.5ohm dual coil voltage? No correct answer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick500

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Australia
I know there is no "correct" answer, but just wondering what would be considered going to high on voltage for dual coil 1.50hm? I'm using a mini protank 3 and on the manufacturers website it says "recommended voltage 3.2-3.7" which seems low? I am also using the tank that came with the kanger emow and that is also 1.5ohm dual coil, but the emow can be adjusted up to 4.8 volts.

At 4.2 volts I understand I am pumping 5.8 watts per coil. which is on the low side, but x2 gives 11.6 watts which is on the high side, which one is it?? Is the truth with dual coils somewhere in the middle of those 2 readings?

Cheers.

mick500

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Australia
The only limiting factor is if you're using normal vv batteries you dont wanna draw more amps than they can handle.
You don't wanna run less than 1.5ohm coils on normal ego/spinner type batteries. (Can be dangerous)

What happens, overheat then explode?

I'm using a vision spinner v2 and kanger emow with protank mini 3, which is dual coil 1.5ohm, that should be perfectly safe tho yeah? Just saw a thread with a dude who's hand got all massacred from his PV blowing up, so safety is a concern atm and I wasn't aware how important ohm's were/are.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
What happens, overheat then explode?

I'm using a vision spinner v2 and kanger emow with protank mini 3, which is dual coil 1.5ohm, that should be perfectly safe tho yeah? Just saw a thread with a dude who's hand got all massacred from his PV blowing up, so safety is a concern atm and I wasn't aware how important ohm's were/are.

Yea that's safe. and since it's dualcoil 4.8v with 1.5ohm shouldn't be more like 7w each coil. So it should be fine at that.
and i've read somewhere that emow is made to be able to run the new kanger sub ohms(Crazy invention if you ask me, majority of the people doesn't know what sub ohm is doing to your battery), don't take my word for it though. I'll look it up when i got the time. :)

And yea when ego types goes bad they fly away like rockets. But it should/usualy get very hot before that happens which will give you a fair warning.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
hmm, if I had a 1.5 ohm coil, I'd run it on a dna at 30 watts, and next time I built would bring it down to ~0.4 ohms and run it at 6 volts.

If it has good wicking and plenty of air, run it at what works best for you.

He's using ego style batteries.

Yeah, I'm hoping for some warning signs like overheating if anything were to go wrong lol. Honestly I'm not looking to push the envelope, just be able to give up the smokes and be as safe as possible while still getting a decent hit. Is there a time frame at which battery's should be replaced?

You're not going overboard. :)
Well usualy when they stops holding the charge, which could be anything from 3 months to one year. But they say batteries should be good for about 300 charge cycles.

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
The Spinner goes up to 4.9 volts, and I bet if you put it up all the way your juice will taste burnt. Remember that two coils which equal 1.5 ohms of resistance total are each at 3 ohms. Don't worry about the wattage, those protank coils were meant to run on variable batteries like the Spinner. Wattage is just the measurement of the overall power output of system, and devices which have variable wattage have it just for convenience - like you know that one juice tastes best at 8 watts, then you can set it for that every time you use that juice no matter what topper it's in.
Now, if the Spinner just isn't giving you a good vape and you want to move up to a more powerful device, that's fine. But the amount of volts it takes to get a good vape from your tank should be consistent no matter what device you use, though it will likely vary a little bit with different juices. Experiment, try different settings and see what tastes best and gives the most satisfying vape.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
I'm getting a good vape, just after seeing these photos.. Exploding Mechanical Mod I am a bit paranoid and just want to make sure I'm not making any silly mistakes.. and like I said I was unaware of how important the ohm's are.

These concerns are mostly for us that are using mechanical mods with rebuildables, especially at lower ohms.

So you're good to go, especially on the emow. I did a quick google and it appear like they're compitable with the new 1ohm kanger coils. So your 1.5 is perfectly fine. :)

Cirrusx1

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2014
Buffalo Grove , IL, USA
I'm getting a good vape, just after seeing these photos.. Exploding Mechanical Mod I am a bit paranoid and just want to make sure I'm not making any silly mistakes.. and like I said I was unaware of how important the ohm's are.
Holy Crap! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! I'm staying with a regulate mod for sure now 8-o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread