1 less vendor for the kr8 in EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
Libertyflights kr8 is off the list...I knew it... Im so fed up with these mod people.. damn.. You would think at least one little vendor would like to carry it.. But when every newb gets told duh, small pv's suck.. go get a riva, i can see why people dont get to try it.... such a shame...
Is it really only me and pmos who like this device in EU?? helloo where are you people? wtf...:(

clavit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2008
EU
No Michelle, you're not the only one.
I still like it on the few occasions where i want/need a compact. The kr8 is my standard recommendation to noobs; start with something that looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... :) The dual-18650 varivolt tank mod-box with built in car-jumpstarter can come later.
It's sad but expected that LibertyFlights gave up on the kr8. Abe has been vague in his responses for some time when asked about kr8 supplies.
Do you know how far Bloog has come in their plans for an EU outlet? I really want to try Bloog, but i can't be bothered fighting Danish customs!

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
I dont see it in any near future... nhaler has supposedly talked to smokejuice about carrying the new kr8.... but i have it in 3rd person, so one never knows...

Cant remember is you said you tried the horiz cartos? I get that people went away from small pv's cus the old cartos really sucked bigtime.... and the battlife and all, but seriously its not a prob with a pcc and a couple of 320's. The new cartos are awsome.. Grimmgreen said it.. Surprisingly satisfying. But ya customs suck.. i got a $60 fee.. my dad ordered 2 ultimate kits, and got NO fee.... its hit and miss..
Asked Abe if he had even tried the new types, couldnt think so, since he raves about boges being the pick of the bunch. An said i did NOT like the boges i just got. They have an ekstra terrible taste to em, ydrk... Answer: well what do you want me to say, you seem like you wanna throw them out, what can i do about it.. blabla.... I havent posted there since cus think he was being kindoff a jerk about it.. And yes i DID throw the rest out! They are crap. Waste of money..
Every single q i had about a small device, if he bothered to answer it was allways. Theyre rubbish, get a riva... So usem for juice and to try the ce2's but nothing more.. to bad. I got a lot of 510 crap i dont use, because every single answer on that forum is GET A RIVA... They dont help people, with those answers.. and they dont know what theyre missing with this improved tech...
If a vendor shows up for it though you can be shure ill be the first to tell it to the world.....

intriqken

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Orange County, CA
I don't get it...I really don't.
I'm in the USA but 808's are getting scarce here as well,
I have a 510...it sits in a drawer.
I have a Riva 901 and I'm tired of having to adjust the contacts on the battery EVERYTIME I go to charge it.
I have a few 808's and now that is the ONLY thing I will use,
The cartos are great...the hit is wonderful,,,the batteries last...the flavor is the best,
510's are out there because of promotions by the mfg's and a desire to have something 'universal'.
In my opinion, they picked the wrong 'standard'.
Like when VHS overtook BETA, the best product is becoming extinct.

I smoked for 45 years. I went to a PV to break the analog habit, for my health, and to save money, I was looking for something that would comfortably take the place of my smoking habit which also included the social aspects of smoking with others who share that habit,
If someone had come up to me while I was smoking and said, "Here try this 3 oz square wood toned box that produces enough smoke/vapor to fill a small room in a single puff and tastes like chocolate/grape/bubblegum and burns your throat", I would still be smoking today,
That isn't what I came to PV's for and the 808 is EXACTLY the analog experience I was hoping to find a substitute for,
Today's juice fed mods with day long battery life at double voltages have opened up the world of chain vaping all 18 hours a day I am awake at twice the nicotine I was doing analog and it's all cheap enough so I don't even have to think twice about it,

I'm not so sure that is a good thing.
I might as well mainline my juice and not have to worry about atty's or cleaning. Something that crosses my mind each time I fill a syringe with juice in order to refill one of my new cartos.
When I looked over all of the juices and carto's and mods and attys, etc, I accumulated in my quest to have it all and have it now and discover the best which every mfg claimed to have, and then saw how much I was vaping compared to how much I used to smoke or even compared to how much I was breathing without taking a vape I had to step back and re-evaluate,

The KR808 is everything I wanted an analog substitute to be and keeps me satisfied without looking like I am dealing in drugs or like I have an 1800's steam engine running around in my office,
Why vendors are dropping them I do not know, Why users keep spending tons of cash only to find themselves disappointed trying to mimic the actions and pleasures the get so easily from the KR808 I don't know,
I only know that (IMHO) each time a noob asks, "what should I get"? and we tell them to jump right in with an Ego or Silver Bullet, or Riva, I believe we are doing them a disservice.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
In 100% agreement. I have the eGo and it is okay for my dripping and tasting new flavors, but it was the 808 that got me off cigs...and I mean day 1!!! And especially for someone just getting into ecigs, it is absolutely the most simple to use and get EXACTLY what you need from it. No hassle...no cleaning attys!!!! (what a PITA) The cartos are soo much better and less hassle than trying to mess with all the plugs and syringes (not that I don't use a syringe with the 808, but it is a WHOLE lot easier!!!)

Lovin my KR808 from not to eternity!!!

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
Disservice ya I think so too... I got my dad started on vaping with a maxxfusion, with 24mg 555. He loved it. Said it was just like smoking.. but without all the coughing and weezing. He didnt even want to look at the rivas or screwdrivers. He is, however, annoied with the battlife, because he forgets to set them to charge before he goes to bed. (seriously who does that??) and wakes up with no ready batts.. silly.. Still going from 60 analogs, cutting it to 20 without the maxx.. annoied and trying to hold it with willpower, to just having a few in the morning while waiting for batts to charge, isnt all bad....

What can be done? If anything? Vendors arent even allowed to sell nic juice in DK.. I have thought about being a vendor, but kinda dont wanna do it alone.. An heard its tuff because people try to get free stuff by claiming their purchages are doa.. dunno if thats a big prob..

clavit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2008
EU
We'll see about edamp.dk. So far, the only danish vendor i have found is monlou, and that's just an overpriced generic 808.
I rarely use them myself (i've caught the mod-virus), but when i do want a small lookalike,its the 808. Recently i have been using CE2's only, so carts are no problem.
Still, the 808+cart has to be the easiest, lowest maintenance way to get into vaping and for that reason alone it would be sad if it went away and died.

Oh, and P.S.: No, i haven't tried the horizontal version.

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
We'll see about edamp.dk. So far, the only danish vendor i have found is monlou, and that's just an overpriced generic 808.
I rarely use them myself (i've caught the mod-virus), but when i do want a small lookalike,its the 808. Recently i have been using CE2's only, so carts are no problem.
Still, the 808+cart has to be the easiest, lowest maintenance way to get into vaping and for that reason alone it would be sad if it went away and died.

Oh, and P.S.: No, i haven't tried the horizontal version.

i just got the ce2's... bvadr... they taste exactly like a dryed up kanger... And what else.. the end caps are EXACTLY like softcapkangers... coincedence??? or is the reason kanger horiz cartos are no where to be found, because they are going with the ce2 kind instead...? Im loosing my mind here.. they are awful.. YOu get 2 hits that taste like peanuts and then they go bad( or worse)... I know they are filled all the way cus i overfilled..

Im seriously gonna cry soon. Cant go back to analogs, that would make me sick. Cant find kangers, cant buy bloog/nhaler. Cant get the ce2's to work and my last semi ok boge 2,8 is dying on me. What am i doing wrong with these? They are completely full and taste like dry ......or what i think dry ... would taste like..

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
I've got KR808d-1 after I'd get a eGO kit. I'm kinda disappointment in eGO and don't use them often but 808D-1 is the my everyday kit which keeps me out of analogs. I really regretted that I didn't get it first before eGO. Now I couldn't find affordable batteries and started to worry.
I can't understand why it has been "phase out"? Best kit ever.

Lastone

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
Massachusetts, USA
I agree 100%. I want the analog habit that I had. Take 10-20 puffs of something every one or two hours. That is why I don't care that the Bloog MF only has a good 30-40 or maybe 70 goods puffs. However the best experience ever and good juice as well. I love their red but the ry4 is good as well. Ce2 are great as well (with some moding). I am sticking with 808. If I want to chain vape maybe i will get the pigcig. For now two bloog bats medium size 320mh each in a case with 2-4 cartos is good enough. I am going back to simple and sticking to 808 for now.

I don't get it...I really don't.
I'm in the USA but 808's are getting scarce here as well,
I have a 510...it sits in a drawer.
I have a Riva 901 and I'm tired of having to adjust the contacts on the battery EVERYTIME I go to charge it.
I have a few 808's and now that is the ONLY thing I will use,
The cartos are great...the hit is wonderful,,,the batteries last...the flavor is the best,
510's are out there because of promotions by the mfg's and a desire to have something 'universal'.
In my opinion, they picked the wrong 'standard'.
Like when VHS overtook BETA, the best product is becoming extinct.

I smoked for 45 years. I went to a PV to break the analog habit, for my health, and to save money, I was looking for something that would comfortably take the place of my smoking habit which also included the social aspects of smoking with others who share that habit,
If someone had come up to me while I was smoking and said, "Here try this 3 oz square wood toned box that produces enough smoke/vapor to fill a small room in a single puff and tastes like chocolate/grape/bubblegum and burns your throat", I would still be smoking today,
That isn't what I came to PV's for and the 808 is EXACTLY the analog experience I was hoping to find a substitute for,
Today's juice fed mods with day long battery life at double voltages have opened up the world of chain vaping all 18 hours a day I am awake at twice the nicotine I was doing analog and it's all cheap enough so I don't even have to think twice about it,

I'm not so sure that is a good thing.
I might as well mainline my juice and not have to worry about atty's or cleaning. Something that crosses my mind each time I fill a syringe with juice in order to refill one of my new cartos.
When I looked over all of the juices and carto's and mods and attys, etc, I accumulated in my quest to have it all and have it now and discover the best which every mfg claimed to have, and then saw how much I was vaping compared to how much I used to smoke or even compared to how much I was breathing without taking a vape I had to step back and re-evaluate,

The KR808 is everything I wanted an analog substitute to be and keeps me satisfied without looking like I am dealing in drugs or like I have an 1800's steam engine running around in my office,
Why vendors are dropping them I do not know, Why users keep spending tons of cash only to find themselves disappointed trying to mimic the actions and pleasures the get so easily from the KR808 I don't know,
I only know that (IMHO) each time a noob asks, "what should I get"? and we tell them to jump right in with an Ego or Silver Bullet, or Riva, I believe we are doing them a disservice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread