1 month vaping today, and already prepared to enter the "mod" arena. Need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilgrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Orlando
OK, so started vaping a month ago on a KR-808 battery and cartos and haven't had a cigarette since. But now, to borrow a phrase, I'm ready to step up the insanity. I've read so much about how dripping is the ultimate vaping experience, and I have to admit, I'm intrigued. However, I have about 40,012 (roughly) 808 cartos that I don't want to throw away. Add to this, I'm on the go a lot, for hours at a time, and need to be able to whip out my PV and blast away without dripping. So really, I'm looking for a solution that will allow me to both drip and use cartos when necessary.

I'm looking into variable voltage mods at the moment. I figured I'd get one whose native connection is the 808 so as not to be forced to only use my existing cartos on my 808 batteries. Can someone recommend a good 808 atomizer/drip tip I could plug onto this thing to use for dripping? I do see that there appear to be far more options in this venue for the 510 attys. Would I be better off getting a VV mod with a 510 connection, buying 510 attys and drip tips, then just getting an adapter for 510 to 808 that I can slap on when on the move to use my 808 cartos? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks !

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
I have been using a Riva/ego since July and I love them, I now use the ego tank system no muss no fuss. I also looked into vv mods. After much looking decided on a Buzz. I am now waiting for it to ship. But now I have been bittten by the mod bug. I am looking to get the Provari in the new black, Infinity and a eclipse. And who knows what eles will come out. I would definatly get the 901 connection. If you ever wanna change it up there are adapters for every connection. What vv mod are you looking at?

Evilgrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Orlando
Ah ha ! OK, Keyzygirl, so that would make the adapter obsolete. Are there good tank cartos for the 901 as well? All the ones I've seen recommended in my (admittedly brief as of yet) research have been for 510 tanks....

So, I could get the Buzz with the native 901 connection, a drip tip for 901/808s, a few 901 attys, and a 901 tank carto?

Sorry for these neophyte questions, but I'm VERY new to the whole mod scene and want to make sure that I have all bases covered with my initial purchase(s)

ETA : I'm so jealous that you get to live in Key West. One of my favorite places on Earth - I try to get there once or twice a year if I can.

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
I love my tanks I got the Buzz with 510 and a small adapter from avid vaper to use them on my Buzz. I have have had no problems with leaks or anything. My first tank atty died today and I have been using it as my main vape since 1/16 never had any problems. Oh and I have Lr tank atties comming today. I will let you know what they are like once they get here.

Evilgrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Orlando
Look at Clouds of vapor,he has tanks in different sizes.

Good call. I found this :

The MAP-Tank E2 Mod 3.0 ohm - KR808D

So, if I got that, a Buzz with a native 808 connection, some backup E2 atomizers, and an 808 drip tip, that should cover all my needs, right? Then, when it burns out, just replace it with a new E2 atomizer?

Evilgrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Orlando
Get a REO Grand. It can do 3.7v, 5v, and 6v, will last forever and is easy to use/maintain. It uses an 18650 battery and 510/306 atties. Put your 808 stuff on the classies.

/thread

What does the bolded mean?

You have made me pause, sir. Would a juice-fed box mod be the best way to simulate the experience of driping without actually having to drip every few minutes?

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
What does the bolded mean?

You have made me pause, sir. Would a juice-fed box mod be the best way to simulate the experience of driping without actually having to drip every few minutes?

The bolded text means you should sell your 808 gear on the classifieds of this forum.

A good juice feeder box mod does indeed simulate the dripping experience in that there is no wicking involved, YOU supply the juice by pressing the bottle. It tastes and feels just like dripping without the dripping...

The REO Grand holds a 6ml juice bottle and a huge 18650 battery(3.7v), all enclosed within. It has a native 510/306 connector, and you can use adapters on it for other atty types. You can even use cartomizers on it, as well as different batteries such as 5v and 2x 3v. It doesn't get any better/easier.

It can be hard to get one, but I believe there will be some on the site tonight at 7pm. There are minis also, they use a 14500 battery and 3ml juice bottle - I have one of each and prefer the Grand by far.

Find them at REOSMODS.

Evilgrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Orlando
The bolded text means you should sell your 808 gear on the classifieds of this forum.

A good juice feeder box mod does indeed simulate the dripping experience in that there is no wicking involved, YOU supply the juice by pressing the bottle. It tastes and feels just like dripping without the dripping...

The REO Grand holds a 6ml juice bottle and a huge 18650 battery(3.7v), all enclosed within. It has a native 510/306 connector, and you can use adapters on it for other atty types. You can even use cartomizers on it, as well as different batteries such as 5v and 2x 3v. It doesn't get any better/easier.

It can be hard to get one, but I believe there will be some on the site tonight at 7pm. There are minis also, they use a 14500 battery and 3ml juice bottle - I have one of each and prefer the Grand by far.

Find them at REOSMODS.

:lmao: I still like the 808s very much, I just want to get into the whole dripping thing. I also want a little more kick than I'm getting from the 808, I imagine the REO would do nicely in that department as well, either through the use of a LR atty or a SR atty with a 5V or 2 3V batteries stacked....

Thanks much for the advice, I may just do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread