10¢ solution to Air Draw issues with pro rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
On my quest for ProVari hellaflush I came up with an inexpensive trick to overcome the airdraw problem from tanks with no air channels.

I couldn't find any washers in my coin jar that were the right size..... and then Eureka! I realized the coins in said jar were perfect. So I turned a dime into a washer. (please don't tell the gov't, even though they are closed indefinitely right now)

Now, this is just a halfway solution, because it raises the pro ring a little to allow air in. I really want my rings to seat all the way and will continue to look for a solution to that goal.

Also this won't work well with flanged cartos, the carto has to pass through the hole in the dime to thread deep enough to make positive contact.

Enjoy.:D

xT0YTRd.jpg

qaMrx8f.jpg

wfr03Z9.jpg

kamil99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Knoxville, TN
That was considered, but I have a hang up about taking a drill bit to a finely crafted piece of Greek metal.

PLUS, since the ring is unaltered it will still work with air channeled tanks without adding additional air flow, which I dislike. I'm a medium to tight draw kind of guy.

i know what ya mean. maybe one or two 1/32 or 1/64 holes would suffice to give the no airflow a tight draw and the with airflow a medium draw.

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
I want to finish acquiring one of each from each provider before I start doubling up. But that is righteous solution.

I still need to acquire both brass and SS Tatroe rings, brass and SS hippo2s, the round dimple SS KirF and white and black derlin lokis.

And obviously half a dozen more Provaris along the way.:D

Jaguar07

Carpe Nocturne
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Long Beach, California, USA
I'd be willing as a last resort. Truth is that the holes probably wouldn't even bother me appearance wise, but I want to exhaust all other options first.

I just got my ring less than a week ago, so I'm apprehensive about defecting from "mint" condition right away.

Just can't give up that dime washer?

Very nicely done. Awesome solution.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
I too am impressed!

The question I have is there not a way to restore the original clearance?

If not it seems that you have figured out a way to utilize legal tender in whole new way..LOL

You are at least working some good stock, not that stamped steel crap from overseas...

Quality US made composite alloy, aka a dime! :2cool:

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Original clearance? I'm confused.

Also a story of irony. The small amount of copper found in US coin alloys was worth more than the face value of the coin a couple years ago when copper prices surged.

I was assuming that something had changed on your mod, my bad....

When all else fails RTFM or in this case READ the original post LOL :vapor:

In a lot of "other" brands the contact plate that is usually insulated by neoprene wears due to compression.
(Less clearance to the base causing air restriction).

I had just woken from nappy time LOL

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I want to finish acquiring one of each from each provider before I start doubling up. But that is righteous solution.

I still need to acquire both brass and SS Tatroe rings, brass and SS hippo2s, the round dimple SS KirF and white and black derlin lokis.

And obviously half a dozen more Provaris along the way.:D

I didn't necessarily mean another mod ring, I was thinking perhaps decorative. I can tell from your pictures you are quite a butch sloth, but "Bling Rings" (for the lack of a better name) don't have to be girly. Mine aren't. You can use rings, chains, whatever and hang charms off of them, but I was think more like a colored or etched band that could be coordinated with the drip tip.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Perhaps the FDA will have to lay-off people and get very far behind. :)

It's pretty obvious they're in the "non-essential" group!

I was watching the news and they interviewed a census bureau worker...now there is our money really well spent........NOT!

We the People ought to prevent them (congress) from coming back to work until we vote on which ones of them is worth keeping, or seat new officials!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread