10 Day Vaping Vet and Going a Little Overboard..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy De

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Oregon
Hello Everyone, I am new to all of this but so very happy to be here!

In the last 2 weeks, I have bought so much vaping stuff I will be going bankrupt. I don't regret a single purchase. With exception to my brief introduction to Blu. I got to return that one thankfully from Walgreen's because of a battery that never took a charge. I was hooked enough to just go for the gusto and go for the fun stuff. I got two different brands of ecigs Apollo and Aqua Vapor (both 901 modelish)which is good for work or driving. But, generally I have discovered I needed something more. I am waiting for my Volcano Inferno to come anyday.

It is a bit stressful having to try things based on your best uneduated guess. I still have no idea what will be the best overall options and preferences. With so many companies out there with all the fun, pretty, appealing stuff, I have bought too much! I also don't know if I am vaping too much, how much eliquid I should have as back up before I should order more. Is there really any way to tell how to translate analog smoking habits into the ecig world?

Anyone else feel overwhelmed???

gh0zt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
I went through the same thing. Didn't realize I could drop so much money so quickly. Reading this forum and looking at setups you really see there are endless possibilities to the "perfect setup". I am perfectly happy with all my purchases, but I still catch myself looking at all these shiny mods. As for liquids, I know how much I vape a day and went full blown in the beginning with my liquid purchases so I'm pretty stocked. Gauge how much you vape in a day or a week and you can probably have a good estimate on how much liquid you need to have stocked.

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
welcome aboard Shy De, the inferno kit is one of my favorite non variable voltage setups which is why im a regular over at the volcano forum and chatroom. either battery in that kit will last most vapers all day and the tank will as well.

as far as how to translate smoking to vaping there is no exact formula. i was a 2pad smoker 3pad when drinking. when i first started out i was using 6-8mg liquid and found i was chain vaping all day long, then i moved up to the 16-18 mg bracket and the amount of time i spent vaping went down. now i pretty much chain vape all day long using between 12 and 16-18 and 24 mg.

there is no right amount of juice to use. my wife uses less the 1ml a day and i use ~10ml's a day. we are both extreme's as most vapers will average 3-5ml's a day. its all about enough to keep you satisfied and away from cigarettes yet using just enough to not get nic sick. which you will feel at least once as a new vaper. thats when you get light headed, your stomach gets upset. when this happens its time for a break 30mins to a hour is what it would take me at first before i can get back to vaping.

just remember to drink plenty of water and keep enough stock to get you till a few days past your next delivery. most vendors will get you restocked in 3-5days from ordering. so when about a weeks worth is left you should be getting more in asap.

hope this helps some, and try and enjoy it. dont worry about the overwhelmed feeling as that is what we are here for.

Keithhe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Virginia
I have zero days, so far, but over $500 invested. I have been reading through these and other forums for weeks and months and find it very difficult to figure out. Lots of talking in "code" that didn't always have a obvious translation is one of the big issues. Like "atty"?? Took some time for me to figure out what that even was. Wouldn't "atmz" be a better acronym and more intuitive??

I bypassed the original cigarette lookalike stuff and went instead to a Joye Ego Twist setup with a variety of ATMZ's. I don't even get all of that until tomorrow. My other large purchase from another vendor was a Zmax kit although the vendor may be a scam or something. They have not communicated a thing, but did take my money. No returns of phone calls or emails but spoke to someone in New York today that had zero information and told me someone from Canada would call me ASAP. That too never happened.

That has been my biggest source of frustration with all of this, to date. Non-communication. I have emailed and left messages for several vendors that never once got back to me about pre-buy questions. It all seems very fly by night to me with a few exceptions where I do seem to have things being shipped.

Another source of frustration is having read through a myriad of posts about a variety of devices, deciding on buying one and nobody has it. Seems like such a waste of time to read all of that just to find out you will likely never get one in your lifetime. I hope this is not what I can expect in the future.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post the name of the vendor that took over $300 from me but has not delivered of even returned messages, but would like to post it to warn others of my plight.

Anyway, hoping this will get me off the cigarettes I'm very much wanting to quit. If only I could get the hardware.

BakuPeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Gainesville, Ga
I hate to sound cliche` but your health is priceless.
If you don't have a vaping shop closeby then always have backups for your backups. Keep about 2 weeks of juice on hand once you know the rate you consume juice.

Keithhe there is a negative vendors forum, but you have to have 5 posts and wait the alloltted timeframe to let your vendor get back to you. Once you get your "5 posts" in you'll be able to post there. Thats the proper place to vent. Reviews of Suppliers - Negative

Be sure to read the stickies Before you post!
I hope all goes smoothly

and to the OP, We all started out new and we are here to help.

Last edited:

NeMom

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2012
Midwest
I don't know if I'm allowed to post the name of the vendor that took over $300 from me but has not delivered of even returned messages, but would like to post it to warn others of my plight.

How did you pay for this purchase? Call your credit card company or bank and dispute the charge. They should issue you a credit.

Keithhe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Virginia
I did not mean to hijack OP thread, just adding my new to this take on my experiences thus far.

Deleon, thanks I had no idea the glossary worked that way, and that helps a lot.

I have spoken to my bank as it was purchased via CC and know I can dispute it, but giving them one last chance to perform on the transaction or refund voluntarily. I sent that via email with a deadline to perform.

Can anyone comment on the, at least perceived, lack of supply on nearly everything of any value? I get the whole supply/ demand thing, but everything that has decent reviews I simply can't find in supply.

Thanks all

BakuPeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Gainesville, Ga
Not quite sure which PV's you are looking for, the custom ones do often have a wait time because they are handmade and everyone wants one. My husband loves his Provari, and right now they are having a scratch/dent sale Clearance

American made best PV out there IMO.

Ecigs are HOT right now. Why smoke when you can vape Gummy Bears?
Plus suppliers are restocking from all the holiday sales.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
I did the same thing, I think everyone goes through a stage in the beginning where they buy a whole bunch of stuff. I pretty much use everything I bought but ya if I had to do it all over again I'd just save up for a Provari and tank and do it right the first time... Now I have like 6 diff't batteries, all diff't mah and voltage and tons of clearos and atomizers...it's a little ridiculous for sure...but take comfort in the fact that you're not alone lol

Keithhe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Virginia
If I ever get it, I have a Zmax kit ordered as well as several of the Ego twist 1000 mah I should receive tomorrow. A big variety of attys and other things to try and a lot of juice stuff. Truth is I have no idea what I'm doing, but tend to go overboard on most things.

What I really want is a rebuildable atty, but all I see with really good reviews can't be found.....anywhere.

EmeraldSky

Jan 10, 2013
Wichita, Ks
Hello Everyone, I am new to all of this but so very happy to be here!

In the last 2 weeks, I have bought so much vaping stuff I will be going bankrupt. I don't regret a single purchase. With exception to my brief introduction to Blu. I got to return that one thankfully from Walgreen's because of a battery that never took a charge. I was hooked enough to just go for the gusto and go for the fun stuff. I got two different brands of ecigs Apollo and Aqua Vapor (both 901 modelish)which is good for work or driving. But, generally I have discovered I needed something more. I am waiting for my Volcano Inferno to come anyday.

It is a bit stressful having to try things based on your best uneduated guess. I still have no idea what will be the best overall options and preferences. With so many companies out there with all the fun, pretty, appealing stuff, I have bought too much! I also don't know if I am vaping too much, how much eliquid I should have as back up before I should order more. Is there really any way to tell how to translate analog smoking habits into the ecig world?

Anyone else feel overwhelmed???

My husband Started vaping about 2 months ago, and since has spent about $300 on different equipment and juices. Though his addiction has helped me learn about vaping and all the differnt devices there are out there, it has left a hole in out bank account lol

captain pugwash

Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Birmingham UK
I have zero days, so far, but over $500 invested. I have been reading through these and other forums for weeks and months and find it very difficult to figure out. Lots of talking in "code" that didn't always have a obvious translation is one of the big issues. Like "atty"?? Took some time for me to figure out what that even was. Wouldn't "atmz" be a better acronym and more intuitive??

I bypassed the original cigarette lookalike stuff and went instead to a Joye Ego Twist setup with a variety of ATMZ's. I don't even get all of that until tomorrow. My other large purchase from another vendor was a Zmax kit although the vendor may be a scam or something. They have not communicated a thing, but did take my money. No returns of phone calls or emails but spoke to someone in New York today that had zero information and told me someone from Canada would call me ASAP. That too never happened.

That has been my biggest source of frustration with all of this, to date. Non-communication. I have emailed and left messages for several vendors that never once got back to me about pre-buy questions. It all seems very fly by night to me with a few exceptions where I do seem to have things being shipped.

Another source of frustration is having read through a myriad of posts about a variety of devices, deciding on buying one and nobody has it. Seems like such a waste of time to read all of that just to find out you will likely never get one in your lifetime. I hope this is not what I can expect in the future.

Anyway, hoping this will get me off the cigarettes I'm very much wanting to quit. If only I could get the hardware.
There are new mods and atties being made all the time so dont worry about getting your hands on nice stuff, you do have to be quick with some things though and theres always people selling on the classified lists

Shy De

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Oregon
I am very glad to hear I just wasn't going crazy! I was hoping all this shopping and excitement was going to be one big ol' expensive phase in my life! I just try to look at my quit smoking app as it shows me the amount of money I am saving. Thinking that one day I may break even.. Lol. I do think I wasted some money on the 901. Filling a cart with a bunch of fluff lasting 20 mins at a time is annoying. I too was looking at a Provari. They have a purple one which I just wanted to have immediately!! Maybe at my 6 month mark of being a non smoker I will splurge. I thank you guys for the support! No one I am real close to has ever even been smoker let alone vape. So Looks like I have found somewhere to share it all with!

Keithhe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Virginia
I spent a considerable amount of time trying to decide between the ProVari and the Zmax and eventually decide on the Zmax (If I ever get it). Cost was not an issue for me, well not a deciding factor anyway as I tend to want the best of what is available. I find going with the cheap stuff eventually gets you to the higher costs with issues, so just go to the top. Not entirely sure what the exact deciding facor was for me, but ProVari was VV only and the Zmax VV/VW and the VW being the more important factor.

For driving and lower visibilty vaping also went with the 2 Ego Twists 1000 mah and Vivi Nova mini and regular.

Again, I'm just a NOOB, but am a research fanatic and spent a lot of time over many weeks and months through all the reviews.

I think my hardware choices are solid, but really want a good rebuildable like a Penelope for example, but those and others I've seen very good reviews for are impossible to get my hands on.....thus far.

My newest research project is juice related and this is all over the map. So very subjective, so what works for others may be crap to me. For starters, most of what I have ordered is tobacco type 18-24mg. RY4 for example because lots of people seemed to rate it highly.

If anyone has a suggestion for a penelope type rebuildable, that can be actually found somewhere, would love to know what it is. Some are easier to do than others.

In the mean time, tomorrow should have my Ego stuff here and with luck should be the first day of non-smoking in about 30 years. Such is the plan anyway.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread