10 motives......change to cartridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollieHop

Jul 19, 2018
Just thought I'd share my disgust re pricing of 10 motives e cigs. I've been vaping now for 6 years after successfully stopping smoking in 2012. I've always used 10 motives ordering online from their website. On receiving my recent order I noticed the pack of 5 refills were now a pack of 4, yet the price remains the same!! As a regular customer I have not been informed of these changes, which I find disgusting. Their members should have been informed by email. I also recently found out the same pack at my local Co-op are £2 cheaper!! So much for customer loyalty!!!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome Hollie.

10 motives have been too expensive from the word go. You should have spotted this over the 6 years you've been vaping. They don't care about your ranting.

I hate them and suggest you move on. How much have you spent on those dreadful refills? Less than E-Lites, which is good, but still thousands of pounds more than the rest of us who vape for almost free.

Loyalty doesn't exist. Ask @Izan

It's for people and businesses from a previous generation. That's why I screw them all over now for even £10. "Mr Dave.... your car insurance is up for renewal and since we can take the money without really asking you if it's OK, we're taking the money and not answering the phone to you"....

They're not loyal to me for one second. That's why when I move company I tell them it was to save £6.82 because I can and I am just a number to them. Nothing more, nothing less... a piece in a profit generating machine.

Actually, I got my car insurance £58.75 cheaper. From the same people... w.t.h.?

Last edited:

HollieHop

Jul 19, 2018
Welcome Hollie.

10 motives have been too expensive from the word go. You should have spotted this over the 6 years you've been vaping. They don't care about your ranting.

I hate them and suggest you move on. How much have you spent on those dreadful refills? Less than E-Lites, which is good, but still thousands of pounds more than the rest of us who vape for almost free.

Loyalty doesn't exist. Ask @Izan

It's for people and businesses from a previous generation. That's why I screw them all over now for even £10. "Mr Dave.... your car insurance is up for renewal and since we can take the money without really asking you if it's OK, we're taking the money and not answering the phone to you"....

They're not loyal to me for one second. That's why when I move company I tell them it was to save £6.82 because I can and I am just a number to them. Nothing more nothing less... a profit generator.

Actually, I got my car insurance £58.75 cheaper. From the same people... w.t.h.?

Reactions: stols001

HollieHop

Jul 19, 2018
My sister bought me my first e cig which was 10 motives, hence the reason I stuck with them. I like them due to the fact they don't create large plumes of smoke and are very discreet. I know they are more expensive than their competitors, but I've tried alternatives but can't get on with them. I'll just continue to buy from my local co-op rather than them direct.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
My sister bought me my first e cig which was 10 motives, hence the reason I stuck with them. I like them due to the fact they don't create large plumes of smoke and are very discreet. I know they are more expensive than their competitors, but I've tried alternatives but can't get on with them. I'll just continue to buy from my local co-op rather than them direct.

There are plenty of discreet devices. I don't make plumes of vapor at work, you can be assured.
Truth is, whatever you buy in this line of e-cigs you are being taken for a costly ride.
Clearly, it's up to you and as long as you know what's what... then enjoy and vape on. :)
Maybe you could even stick with 10 motives e-liquid in a 'clearomizer' type e-cig. I don't like 10 motives (I hate all these highwaymen companies) but that would be something of a mid-way compromise.
If you had a Totally Wicked e-cig shop in town, you could ask for a very discreet and low-power device.

These, for example.
E-cigarette starter kits - Buy vape starter kits online | Totally Wicked

or

Starter E-cig Kits for Switching from Smoking to Vaping | TECC

or maybe have a look around here.

VIM - AIO Vape Kit | JAC Vapour

and you already know...

E Liquid UK Store: Buy our E Liquids & E Juice Online - 10 Motives UK

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well I have some sympathy but I think "Brand loyalty" went out of style some time ago.

To be fair, while the packaging may be misleading, it is sort of normal for companies and their rates to go up (quite alarmingly at times) so I guess I'd be more annoyed at the packaging than the price.

I will admit to some fury when ice cream brands all went to the "smaller" package, price the same, but then again, I've been shopping by price per unit ever since my dad taught me how at age 16, and much consumer priced goods are misleading at best and just plan ENERVATING at worst.

So, now you know, and you can decide if convenience is worth the price. Don't get me wrong it certainly sometimes is, but I can tell you it is also entirely possible that 8 out of 10 people will not have even NOTICED.

We should all be shopping price per unit, for example Zenith coils are not the cheapest on the market but they last FOREVER and that keeps me coming back. Joytech CLR coils may not be the DIRT CHEAPEST coils on the market, but they are drop ins that can be rebuilt and rewicked.

You're the consumer, but from my perspective, you've been paying too much for a LONG TIME now, but everyone vapes different and frankly maybe this will push you toward a better and cheaper vaping experience. Maybe not so much what you want to hear.... But it is the facts, nonetheless.

Best of luck,

Anna

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I understand that moving from a cig-alike to a mod/rta setup can be too bold a move, so my suggestion is for a baby-step move which can improve your vaping experience while saving a noticeable amount in the meantime.
Buy one or two SMOK FIT pod e-cig. They are just a bit bigger than the cig-alike, but massively more efficient.
They have refillable cartridges (pods), and one can last a week before you replace it.
You need to buy 18 mg /ml e-liquid, 70 / 30 PG / VG (High PG), in the flavour you like.
In this manner, you are not forced to buy filled cartridges at an outworld price anymore, while you improve your vape noticeably.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Buy one or two SMOK FIT pod e-cig. They are just a bit bigger than the cig-alike, but massively more efficient.
They have refillable cartridges (pods), and one can last a week before you replace it.
You need to buy 18 mg /ml e-liquid, 70 / 30 PG / VG (High PG), in the flavour you like.
In this manner, you are not forced to buy filled cartridges at an outworld price anymore, while you improve your vape noticeably.

Wow. Super recommendation.:thumbs:

Can I get one at UK Vapefest 2018? Are you going? Am I going? :D

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Go luck with the co-op.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread