May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
@zoiDman I think once you view a post that has an alert associated with it (tag, quote, react), then the alert goes away since you've viewed the post. If you tag yourself in a post, then you immediately view the post after posting it, and so the alert becomes unnecessary. Did you get alerted to this post where I've tagged you, just now?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
@zoiDman I think once you view a post that has an alert associated with it (tag, quote, react), then the alert goes away since you've viewed the post. If you tag yourself in a post, then you immediately view the post after posting it, and so the alert becomes unnecessary. Did you get alerted to this post where I've tagged you, just now?

Success!

I Did get Alerted on your Tag.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I think the reason people didn't get alerted has to do with the fact that @XTAR-Bear is a "registered supplier" account. They're not allowed to post outside their respective supplier forums, and I don't think they're allowed to initiate PM's with users either (that's why contest winner-announcements here often say "send me a PM with your details" instead of just starting one themselves), and that might perhaps also mean they're not allowed to tag people (or that, rather, when they do tag people, those people don't get alerted to the tag) lest they spam-tag everyone in their "look at our new products" posts in their own subforum which would be akin, in overall effect, to messaging those people directly or posting outside of the subforum.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I think the reason people didn't get alerted has to do with the fact that @XTAR-Bear is a "registered supplier" account. They're not allowed to post outside their respective supplier forums, and I don't think they're allowed to initiate PM's with users either (that's why contest winner-announcements here often say "send me a PM with your details" instead of just starting one themselves), and that might perhaps also mean they're not allowed to tag people (or that, rather, when they do tag people, those people don't get alerted to the tag) lest they spam-tag everyone in their "look at our new products" posts in their own subforum which would be akin, in overall effect, to messaging those people directly or posting outside of the subforum.

Which makes it impossible to respond to @XTAR-Bear's (or any other supplier's) post until another ECF Member either tag's you to congratulate you . . . Or someone sends a PM to someone (like I got from Vinnybagodoughnuts ) to let them know they were tagged/won then . . . :(

Hopefully - @classwife, @Misty, or someone else from ECF Administration can follow-up about this and maybe even possibly correct this situation . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Last edited:

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Vinny, your post was an edited post, it had something else in it

ZoiD,this is why you didn't get tagged.

If you edit to add an @ whoever it won't tag.

Best to make a new post to tag someone :)
My post was edited?It was a new post but doesnt say it was edited.Am I missing something? Maybe I edited it so fast it isn't showing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread