Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    @Zipslack, I got an email from Melody.

@XTAR-Bear, could I get a tracking number for the shipment if possible, I just noticed that my Amazon profile has the old house number in the street address. My county's 911 service assigned a new number for this house a short while ago. It shouldn't be a problem though as there are only 2 or 3 UPS drivers who deliver in this area, and they know my name and where I live. In the past 5 years, a package was delivered to the wrong house once though and I just want to be sure. If you guys are shipping via USPS it won't be a problem at all because my PO Box number is the same. Thanks.

Reactions: puffon

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    @XTAR-Bear, never mind about the tracking # request in my earlier post, I just received another email from Melody and placed the order, then replied with the order # and my PayPal email address. I also replaced my old house # with my new house # in my Amazon profile.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I've used this charger for a week or so now.
    Pros:
    • I love the small and efficient design.
    • The fact that this device can be used as a power bank if needed is very useful.
    Cons:
    • The ability to charge 1 battery at only 2A or 2 batteries at only 1A each is not useful to me. I would prefer to charge one or two batteries at .5A or 1A. 2A is handy though at times when a quickie is called for..
    • The ability to accept batteries of only 18650 size, although button or flat, is somewhat of a hindrance to me. I have 350's and 500's too, but I would probably use my .5A charger anyway.

But all in all, I am happy with this device (since it does do what it's supposed to) and thanks to XTAR-Bear, Melody and XTar in general.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Okay - Everyone, although I have sent an email to XTAR, I thought I would also ask here, since I need some assistance with this product. AND - I know that those who are using it would know more about how to deal with this situation . . .

Long story short . . . I am having a couple of problems with the product, especially concerning if it is operating properly. Just as important, if not more so, after looking through the owners manual & looking at a few YouTube videos, I do know that the numbers should be telling you what charge is left (on the power bank/batteries) or that it is charging, I really do not understand why the different LED numbers on the screen are flashing all the time.

The following are the problems I am experiencing:

1) LED light does not come on after pushing side button, unless it is plugged into an outside power source (a Wall socket).

2) Once plugged in using a Wall plug - the LED Lights come on, but keep flashing (display shows 2 - 00) , which I assumed meant it was charging.

3) Even with no changes to the flashing LED Light - I unplugged the power source and let PB2 just sit for an hour.

4) Inserted 2 18650 batteries, and tried to charge them along with the power bank. . . so plugged back into wall charger . . . The LED Light showed the following number - 24 - the 4 kept flashing for 2 hours - then removed and reinserted batteries to the opposite sides, number changed to - 23 - the 3 kept flashing. . . left these on for over 18 hours. NOTHING Changed.

4) Removed 18650 batteries - let sit 3 hours then plugged charger into wall plug again. Left on wall plug for 24 hours to charge power bank again - the LED lights are still flashing - specifically the right 0 of the double 00 that are showing on the screen.

So I do not know what else to do. Can anyone tell me what is happening or what I am possibly doing wrong?

Right now, I am more then a little disappoint, especially given that I thought this product would not be that complicated to use.

Thanks . . .

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Okay - Everyone, although I have sent an email to XTAR, I thought I would also ask here, since I need some assistance with this product. AND - I know that those who are using it would know more about how to deal with this situation . . .

Long story short . . . I am having a couple of problems with the product, especially concerning if it is operating properly. Just as important, if not more so, after looking through the owners manual & looking at a few YouTube videos, I do know that the numbers should be telling you what charge is left (on the power bank/batteries) or that it is charging, I really do not understand why the different LED numbers on the screen are flashing all the time.

The following are the problems I am experiencing:

1) LED light does not come on after pushing side button, unless it is plugged into an outside power source (a Wall socket).

2) Once plugged in using a Wall plug - the LED Lights come on, but keep flashing (display shows 2 - 00) , which I assumed meant it was charging.

3) Even with no changes to the flashing LED Light - I unplugged the power source and let PB2 just sit for an hour.

4) Inserted 2 18650 batteries, and tried to charge them along with the power bank. . . so plugged back into wall charger . . . The LED Light showed the following number - 24 - the 4 kept flashing for 2 hours - then removed and reinserted batteries to the opposite sides, number changed to - 23 - the 3 kept flashing. . . left these on for over 18 hours. NOTHING Changed.

4) Removed 18650 batteries - let sit 3 hours then plugged charger into wall plug again. Left on wall plug for 24 hours to charge power bank again - the LED lights are still flashing - specifically the right 0 of the double 00 that are showing on the screen.

So I do not know what else to do. Can anyone tell me what is happening or what I am possibly doing wrong?

Right now, I am more then a little disappoint, especially given that I thought this product would not be that complicated to use.

Thanks . . .
    What adapter are you using? Does it have enough power?

Reactions: Uncle

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I am having a couple of problems with the product, especially concerning if it is operating properly. Just as important, if not more so, after looking through the owners manual & looking at a few YouTube videos I really do not understand why the different LED numbers are flashing all the time.
    The numbers flash when the device is powered on. One of my USB cables has a slightly smaller micro plug than the socket on the device, so a consistent power supply is not supplied to it. Both the numbers flash (in a kind of self test I guess) and will continue to flash if the power goes on and off repeatedly. Make sure you use a USB outlet with a 1A output. I have had temperature issues when using 550mA..

I can't say what or if you're doing anything wrong. AFAICT, the side button is 'not wired' or something. Clicking it or holding it has no effect other than audio and tensile when I do it.

Last edited:

bwh79

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    It sounds like you're trying to use it as a portable power bank, without any batteries in? That's not how it works. The 18650 batteries you insert are the only power source, it doesn't have a built-in battery. You put batteries in it, you plug it in, it charges the battery (right-most digit will flash while charging is in progress). Then you can either a) take the batteries out and put them in another device, or b) keep the batteries in and use it as a power bank to charge another device via cable, with the (now-charged) batteries as a power source. While discharging (using it as a power bank), the display should remain lit.

Last edited:

bwh79

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    Aside from this part where it's not charging up the batteries, it sounds like normal operation. Are you able to charge these same cells in a different device?

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    The numbers flash when the device is powered on. One of my USB cables has a slightly smaller micro plug than the socket on the device, so a consistent power supply is not supplied to it. Both the numbers flash (in a kind of self test I guess) and will continue to flash if the power goes on and off repeatedly. Make sure you use a USB outlet with a 1A output. I have had temperature issues when using 550mA..

I can't say what or if you're doing anything wrong. AFAICT, the side button is 'not wired' or something. Clicking it or holding it has no effect other than audio and tensile when I do it.

Actually, in the video reviews I saw on YouTube (XTAR PB2 Portable 18650 Charger & Power Bank - Mike Vapes" { time stamp 1:49 - 3:02 } & "XTAR PB2 Review - A Handy 18650 Charger & Powerbank!" ), the side button works when pushed and the lights do come on and stay lit when the power device is on and also while charging a battery . . . You can also see on the device you are charging confirmation that it is charging the device . . .

"AFAICT" . . . :?: o_O ? ? ?

AND - Actually I am using a "Wall" Adapter/Charger - this one is a 2A - You know the type that plugs into a wall outlet to an USB to the charger . . . ;)

Half a volt, or is that a typo?

:oops: Yes - Typo . . . :facepalm:

It sounds like you're trying to use it as a portable power bank, without any batteries in? That's not how it works. The 18650 batteries you insert are the only power source, it doesn't have a built-in battery. You put batteries in it, you plug it in, it charges the battery (right-most digit will flash while charging is in progress). Then you can either a) take the batteries out and put them in another device, or b) keep the batteries in and use it as a power bank to charge another device via cable, with the (now-charged) batteries as a power source. While discharging (using it as a power bank), the display should remain lit.

WOW - It was my understanding it was both - a stand alone Power Bank and a portable Battery charger . . . :confused:

Oh Well - "My" mistake then . . . :rolleyes:

AND - Given it's not, even with either one or 2 18650 batteries in the camber - the LED Lights keep flashing and do not stop even after being directly connected to a wall outlet for 24 hours - that's the problem . . . :(

Aside from this part where it's not charging up the batteries, it sounds like normal operation. Are you able to charge these same cells in a different device?

YEP - They are brand new - right out of the box - never used 18650 3.7V 2250 mAh batteries . . . :thumbs:

Last edited:

bwh79

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    No, it is not a stand-alone power bank, but if you're just going to use it as one, then with a max of 2A output you could put some pretty high-capacity 18650's in there and have like 7000mAh in your pocket. All my cells are high-drain 20A+ for vaping so I only have like 4000mAh capacity when I use it as a power bank, but it's better than the no power bank I had before (actually I had a crummy little freebie one that I got from some PR stunt, once, that worked for a couple months and then died on me.)

The button's only function, far as I know, is to display the remaining charge for a moment, when it has batteries in but is not plugged in.

(AFAICT = As Far As I Can Tell)

the LED Lights keep flashing and do not stop even after being directly connected to a wall outlet for 24 hours - that's the problem . . . :(
    Yeah, that doesn't sound right. As I said, the right-most digit should flash while it is charging a battery/ies. The number is the percent charge remaining on one cell, or average percent charge remaining between 2 cells. It should steadily increase the number while charging, until it reaches 100, when the flashing should stop and all three digits stay lit. If that's not what yours is doing (and it appears that it's not), you should look into a replacement. Did you get it through Amazon? They make returns real easy, in my experience.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread