Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I joined ECF in June 2009 and started vaping around the last day of January of 2009.

I haven't had a cigarette in 10 years. I was a 1/2 pack a day smoker for more than 30 years.

I still remember my first rig which was a cig look alike and there I was struggling to charge the next one before the 1st ran out.

I must have spent 1000s on junk through the years searching for the ultimate vape. At the beginning you could spend $100.00 - $200.00 on a Mod where Quality control consisted in selling to you and hearing you complain.

Who can forget the Provari Vs1. Inarguably the Provari was the first rock solid regulated vaping mod that was of excellent quality. Shame Provari couldn't keep up with the technology.

And honorable mention to the Reo, the bottom feeding mechanical box that was almost indestructible. Will never forget Reo because I had the temerity to pan the original Reo for low conductivity on the Forums. Rob listened to my and probably others criticism and came out with higher conductivity model.

Lately I like simplicity, been vaping on Pod systems although I just switched to a regulated Squonker.

Ijoy Capo with SRDA and also trying the Vandy Maze. Both of the you Attys you can switch out the atty assembly. No need to build at all.

Vaping certainly has come a long way and it will be interesting to see where it ends up.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I joined ECF in June 2009 and started vaping around the last day of January of 2009.

I haven't had a cigarette in 10 years. I was a 1/2 pack a day smoker for more than 30 years.

I still remember my first rig which was a cig look alike and there I was struggling to charge the next one before the 1st ran out.

I must have spent 1000s on junk through the years searching for the ultimate vape. At the beginning you could spend $100.00 - $200.00 on a Mod where Quality control consisted in selling to you and hearing you complain.

Who can forget the Provari Vs1. Inarguably the Provari was the first rock solid regulated vaping mod that was of excellent quality. Shame Provari couldn't keep up with the technology.

And honorable mention to the Reo, the bottom feeding mechanical box that was almost indestructible. Will never forget Reo because I had the temerity to pan the original Reo for low conductivity on the Forums. Rob listened to my and probably others criticism and came out with higher conductivity model.

Lately I like simplicity, been vaping on Pod systems although I just switched to a regulated Squonker.

Ijoy Capo with SRDA and also trying the Vandy Maze. Both of the you Attys you can switch out the atty assembly. No need to build at all.

Vaping certainly has come a long way and it will be interesting to see where it ends up.
Yep. Still probably fairly far from here I expect. Innovation is slowing down a little but not much. We’re seeing totally new types of wicking and heating elements in pod systems lately, plus there’s another round or two of battery innovation around the bend as well. I’d compare it to the auto industry in the 1930s.

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Congratuations to you Tom. :thumbs: I remember your posts.

I would argue that Provape did keep up with technology; just a little too late to make a difference. For most of their existance they chose to cater to a niche customer base up until near the end when they began to offer more powerful devices, and did pretty well for themselves regardless.

The demise of Provape as a company had more to do with the unreasonable vetting process of the FDA than anything else. To be vetted by the FDA, it costs the manufacturer one million dollars for each device model. Another million for each color of device. Provape made a lot of models and a lot of different colors and finishes. The owners decided the whole process would be too expensive for them to continue on.

The owners of Provape planned for their retirement, but they did attempt to sell their company first. Zen from House of Hybrids (Z Atty Pro RBA, ZenKote finish) was a long time fan of the Provari and attempted to buy the company, but his investment company believed that the vetting process of the FDA was too expensive and cumbersome to approve of the purchase.

We will probably never again see an American regulated mod manufacturer the likes of Provape ever again. You can thank the FDA for that.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: niczgreat

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Hey I haven't seen you around since the reo contact b/s. That was totally blown out of proportion, anyways good to see you around. Or was that another tomz somebody?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That's me. But I've still been posting on and off for years. Just not on the REO Section. Learned you don't mess with the REO. LOL

Reactions: vapdivrr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread