100% cotton whitened with oxygen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feldrod

Sep 28, 2017
Hello.
I am running out of cotton supplies and found that nearby shop with cosmetics sells 100% bio cotton. But they write it was whitened with oxygen.
Is it safe to use?
I heard it is safe to vape hydrogen peroxide whitened cotton as H2O2 synthesises quickly into H2O and O2 but I still wrap my head around how they could whiten the cotton with O2 and if they instead mean H2O2 instead of O2.

Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Aside from a funny taste for a few puffs you should be fine with it.
Smooches, haven't seen you for awhile dear rabbit.

@Feldrod I started out using cotton balls and they do work, agree they do have more of a break in period than most others imo. After you install wick juice & pulse several times before using to prime wick and cut down on break in period.

Feldrod

Sep 28, 2017
Thanks a lot guys.
I do not use premium cotton as DIY was only to save money so I do not care much about largest "cloudz bro" or the absolutely best flavour (if it tastes how it is supposed to, I don't care much more)
Clrane cotton from FTT works just fine with Siren 2 22mm (just received today, I am stunned by it :D) and 200pack of Puff cotton bought :D
So drugstore cotton is allright? If anybody heard about Ebelin cotton (cosmetic cotton) I'd like to know opinion about that. It is listed as 100% viscose, whitened with oxygen (So with hydrogen peroxide) and many vapers in my country reported using it when out of cotton and that it works fine. I am just worried about relative safeness and if it works (not leaking or dry hitting)

Reactions: Beamslider

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Kho Gen Do cotton is nice and clean with combed and aligned fibers. Sally's Rayon is also a great wicking medium. A pack of either will last a long time. If you buy Sally's rayon, get the small box (500ft)and it will last for years. Cotton balls are fine, also.

I'm stuck on Sally's cellucotton rayon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread