100% VG, 0 Nic = No smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
Steeping very much depends on the flavor and brand. How large a batch are we talking about and what sort of flavoring? I'm not sure PG will have that effect. But I am not sure it will not. It does not seem to me that PG adds to the volume of vapor in a 50/50 but I almost always have to add a couple of drops to the mix to account for the viscosity of the VG. Even in a 50/50 mix I end up adding a drop or two of water or it is too thick. It depends on the thickness of your VG and what delivery device your using.

AshJD94

Jun 2, 2013
North West, UK
Thank you so much for your advice. I'm only making a very small batch, approx 2ml, to test. The flavouring is The Perfumes Apprentice blueberry. I require around 12% in a nicotine mix and 3 days of steeping for it to really taste good. However, without nicotine but still 3 days steeping, the flavour doesnt seem quite accentuated, even at 15% (rather than 12%)

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
Do you add a drop of lemon juice per 5 ml to the final mix? That often helps with making a fruit pop. Your final mix will be 50/50 or 100VG? If your not going 100 vg with the final mix the flavor should be stronger because of the PG. I would wait to up the percentage on the blueberry and even consider adding a different fruit as an under note if you need more flavor. To high a percentage of TPA flavoring can get really ugly. I overshot with huckleberry and honeysuckle and have had to cut them over and over to get the percentage down.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
If you don't have PG sensitivities, I would recommend a 50/50 blend, especially for tanks. For me, I need a more liquid-y juice for my tanks/ cartos for them to flow through the material properly. I have tried doing 100% Vg several times, with several methods/tips and have had no luck. I know some people swear that VG and PG impact flavor the same but I can't make VG work by itself. I don't use Nicotine either, so that's not a factor

Jo Patterson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
Reno, Nevada
I use the e-juice calculator for my no nic juice - just don't include nic as an ingredient.
I like to use no nic for my bakery flavours when I'm busy and randomly vaping out of habit, like driving or watching movies
or reading a book. It's like having a little nibble of something, and having a smoke all at the same time.

Save my nic juice for when I am consciously vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread