100 % VG and 18mg Nic with 12% water and 8 % Flavor...looks too runny and does it reduce the Nic potency ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdep

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2013
Las Vegas, USA
100 % VG and 18mg Nic with 12% water and 8 % Flavor...looks too runny and does it reduce the Nic potency ?

Absolutely NO PG whatsoever
Using Kanger Mini Pro tank 2 ...2 days old.
Also using 1100 Battery Non Twist..2 days

I followed what some had chimed in on before, but it looks runny in the tank and I just cant help thinking it is weakening the Nic Potency and reducing the Vapor production too.

If I dropped the water and Vaped it would that hurt my new setup ?

What I would like to do is vape 100 % VG and 36mg Nic with No Flavor, but that will be another thread.

Steve -

Last edited:

Road_House

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2013
SE PA
Are your flavors VG or alcohol based? I would think without the water it would be too thick. You'd get dry hits but it wouldn't hurt your protank because you wouldn't be vaping long enough because of the nasty taste to do any harm.

How thick is your VG? I've heard it can vary from vendor to vendor, some almost like honey to some not much thicker than PG.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
Our "base" for every juice we make is 80% VG and 20% "dilution"...the dilution is 9% distilled water; 9% sterile saline (same viscosity as the water) and 2% PGA (pure grain alcohol).

We mix that with the various flavors to end up at 12mg nic (we use VG nic).

Our juices are not ever "too runny" - in fact, we're planning on testing a higher dilution tonight (which will a total dilution of 25% -- 14% water; 9% saline and 2% PGA). The saline definitely makes the flavors 'pop'.

Using a calculator will ensure you have the correct percentage/amount of nicotine in your mix...no matter what ingredients make up the rest of the bottle. eJuice Me Up is great. Once you play around with that awhile, you'll understand better (and it'll be so much easier for you).

Blkwdw86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gladewater, TX
I work with nic as a total by multiplying mg/ml by total ml. 10ml of 18mg nic is 180 mgs. If you add 1ml of anything, that 180mg of nic is divided by the new total of 11ml for a net strength of 16.36mg/ml. When divvying higher strength nics to lower strength juices, you figure your desired strength and volume (say 30ml of 18mg), multiply for the total (18x30=540 total mg), then divide yoir source nic to determine how much volume you need for your juice to achieve it (say 36mg nic source, the 540mg you want divided by the 36 mg/ml source nic would give you a needed 15ml of 36 nic to make your 30ml of 18mg juice).

Call me old school. Calculators are nice, really handy, but you need to have a basic understanding of the theory to be able to double check yourself and your calculator. Nic will make you sick if you err, and nothing errs like computer programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread