100MG Nic Base. Anyone gotten nic poisoning yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
The catch is the part just above. You're comparing the purchase of 18,000 mg (36 mg/ml * 500ml) to 50,000 mg (100mg/ml * 500ml) -- and nicotine is cheaper the more you buy. However, to make a set amount, you would instead purchase roughly 1/3 the amount of 100mg vs. 36mg. And, when you do this, cost differences largely disappear. If you'll note in my example (48ml vs. 100ml), the purchase amount of 48ml is twice that of 100ml. I'll post cost comparison of 36mg vs 100mg hopely later this weekend. Cheers!

Honestly, I don't get it. When I buy nic, I use it all. If I buy 50,000 mg of nic at .11 cents/mg it's going to cost ~$55. If I buy 50,000 mg of nic at .16 cents/mg it's going to cost me ~$80. And the cost of the VG and pg don't make enough difference to change it (for me at least). Anyway, I look forward to reading your comparison, maybe that will clear it up for me.

Either way, my original point was that the cost savings aren't that significant (although I still think they do exist).

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
RealClearScience - Is Nicotine Really as Dangerous as Cyanide?
I don't worry about it. I work by the sink and rinse off, wipe up as soon as any spills happen.

I ordered 1L of 100mg VG, 1L of VG. Mixed them together for 50mg. Not for safety but it's easier to measure for small amounts of test batches.
I'll never do that again as it was a PITA to mix. I'll just get 48mg or 60mg (and smaller quantities). Even if it doubled the price of the DIY liquid it wouldn't be that much, >5¢/ml for my most expensive recipe becomes <9¢/ml is still not a big deal.

Vappers

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
United States
Another tip I got from John at Wizardlabs a long time ago I did not see mentioned here is that if you do spill high concentration nicotine on yourself you should always rinse it off with cold water.

Hot water speeds the absorbtion of nicotine thru your skin.

Good to know! :D i will keep this in mind when i begin mixing my nic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread