100mg Nicotine vs. 24 Mg PG base in 60 ML Bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
100mg Nicotine vs. 24 Mg PG base in 60 ML Bottle?

saw 2 vids on youtube, one guy used 24mg Nicotine in 60 ML bottle for his nic base.
Another vid , user had 100mg nicotine, and it seemed to be easier calculating the ratios using the 100% nic liquid.
I've never made ejuice before, and was wondering which is easiest way to go?
And which ejuice calc should i use? or website.

Thanks for any help !

frog :vapor:

Last edited by a moderator:

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
100% nicotine would probably kill you dead just sniffing the bottle. I think you mean 100 mg nicotine. Just for the sake of getting our mLs/mgs straight :)

Yes, 100 mg nic is easier to calculate with. It is also a lot more dangerous than the lower mg blends. Wear your gloves, be prepared for spills, and just don't spill the stuff. It's no BS business here with that stuff, so make sure you've done your homework and taken your precautions so you don't end up in the ER..or worse.

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
i dont know if your ready for 100mg just getting started you might go with 60mg or less as far as easy to calculate unless you plan on doing everything on paper or your head let the juice calculator do all the work , there is plenty to read up on in the diy section b4 you turn into a mad scientist it may save you some money from making a noob mistake and there is always help here in the peanut gallery

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
100mg Nicotine vs. 24 Mg PG base in 60 ML Bottle?

saw 2 vids on youtube, one guy used 24mg Nicotine in 60 ML bottle for his nic base.
Another vid , user had 100mg nicotine, and it seemed to be easier calculating the ratios using the 100% nic liquid.
I've never made ejuice before, and was wondering which is easiest way to go?
And which ejuice calc should i use? or website.

Thanks for any help !

frog :vapor:

Here is a great deal on nicotine I have bought from them many times.

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/unflavored-nicotine-smoke-juice-e-liquid-9398.html

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
I've tried using a calculator (ejuiceme up - google it if you want to try it out) and I've made mistakes because I didn't set everything up perfectly and just trusted the figures that came out. So (assuming that you're mixing up 10ml at a time) get a 10ml syringe and a 1ml syringe. It's easy to use the 10ml for mixing nic+PG+VG - 1ml = 10%, and use the 1ml for mixing flavourings 0.1ml = 1%.

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
i dont know if your ready for 100mg just getting started you might go with 60mg or less as far as easy to calculate unless you plan on doing everything on paper or your head let the juice calculator do all the work , there is plenty to read up on in the diy section b4 you turn into a mad scientist it may save you some money from making a noob mistake and there is always help here in the peanut gallery

I'm seasoned vaporor, but not DIY'er.
I will wait a bit then before i get started, and do alot more research.
thanks Williebb

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
I've tried using a calculator (ejuiceme up - google it if you want to try it out) and I've made mistakes because I didn't set everything up perfectly and just trusted the figures that came out. So (assuming that you're mixing up 10ml at a time) get a 10ml syringe and a 1ml syringe. It's easy to use the 10ml for mixing nic+PG+VG - 1ml = 10%, and use the 1ml for mixing flavourings 0.1ml = 1%.

Yea, i'm getting the jist of what i need to do.
At first glance it seems a bit complicated, but after 1 day and sleeping on it, it seems alot less complicated to me. lol.
that ejuicemeup calc threw me the 1st time i looked at it...wasn't very eye friendly, small boxes to tick and what not...lol.

Should i get VG with Nic since i like alot of vapor?
or
PG with Nic? for my base...thanks!!!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Im a daredevil so 100% nic won't deter me.

Ahem, if you can't tell the difference between 100 mg/ml nicotine and 100% nicotine, start with 24mg/ml.

Seriously though, 100 mg/ml is not the same as 100% nicotine, as others have mentioned. Please educate yourself well before you start. Nicotine base can be lethal if you don't know what you're doing.

Good luck and be careful.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Please...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

33. Nicotine strength
a. The maximum nicotine strength of refills (any liquid that is a finished product for retail sale for vaping whether bottled or sold with or within hardware) allowed to be offered for sale on ECF by Suppliers is 45mg/ml or 4.5%.
b. No liquid of strength higher than this can be specifically mentioned or offered on ECF by Suppliers. Trade deals are exempt, within private supplier boards only, as higher strengths are needed for trade bulk mixing. Note that there are shipping restrictions in some countries for toxic materials, which can be obtained by application to your local Postal Service and private shippers, and you are cautioned not to contravene these restrictions.
c. Suppliers can sell whatever strength they wish with the exception of pure nicotine (900mg/ml / 90% and above). Sites that sell pure nicotine will be blocked by ECF [3]. We define 'pure nicotine' as 90% / 900mg/ml or higher.
d. There is a limit on public discussion of 200mg (20%) maximum for mixing discussion, recipes and tutorials, and also in the Classifieds. Members may not discuss the use of refills (any liquids) stronger than 200mg.
e. The use of 'Pure Nicotine' cannot be discussed (in detail) on public forums on ECF (trade forums are exempt) due to the hazard [1] - see Notes below. That is to say, it can be mentioned in passing but not discussed at length especially as regards mixing.

Rule 33: Nicotine Strength
[3] It became obvious that some members joining in discussion of pure nicotine did not have any idea of the danger, or any knowledge of working with hazardous chemicals, or even any basic knowledge of measurements. Pure nic is as dangerous as cyanide - just opening a bottle in a room can result in all present being poisoned. It must be handled in a fume cupboard, with hazmat precautions. Pure nic can be theoretically defined as: Nicotine 100%, 1000mg, 1000mg/ml, but is more likely to be found as 998mg, 997mg/ml or 990 mg (99%). We consider anything over 90% / 900mg to be 'pure nic'. No discussion of use or links to suppliers whatsoever are allowed [4].

There is a very real danger of hospitalization or worse with this material and ECF cannot support any publicity of its use or sources. There is no need to use it since far safer strengths are available for bulk mixing, such as 48mg (4.8% nicotine in PG or VG), 60mg (6%), and 100mg (10%). To protect our members and ourselves we do not allow discussion of or sources for anything over 200mg (20% nic) [4].

Advertising/promotion on ECF cannot exceed 45mg strength. Vendor's sites can sell any strength up to 89% though we advise vendors to limit sales to 10% / 100mg/ml where possible. Sites selling pure nic will be banned.

[4] Except within private trade forums.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
100% nicotine won't deter you; it will kill you. Please have an understanding of mg/ml, percentages and dilution ratios. It isn't higher math but it could be life saving math.

thanks for the tip.
Im a daredevil so 100% nic won't deter me.
will remember nude nicotine...lol how can u forget !
thanks rw...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread