10440 bats in parallel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mottlycrw

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Wisconsin
I have made a flashlight mod where the flashlight originally was configured for 3 AAA batteries. I am running an 801 atomizer on the mod, and I tried using 3 AAA Nimh bats with very poor results. So I changed to Madogs 2 x CR2 battery configuration, and the mod totally kicks out the vapor. Now, the availability of rechargeable CR2's in the states is basically NONE. Deal Extreme is an option as well as other overseas battery suppliers, but I would like to easily order batteries when I need them and get them fast. 10440 bats (AAA size) are very easy to find and are cheap. they run 3.7V and 300 mah. I need some input as to if you guys think re-soldering the battery pack for the flashlight to run the 3 10440's in parallel will sufficiently run the 801 atty?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
3x10440 batteries in parallel will give you 4.2 volts on a fresh charge, quickly dropping to 3.6 volts (same as your 3xAAA NiMH). It will not match your 2xCR2 on voltage, but it will outlast the CR2. You could try 2xCR123 @ 3v each if you have the space (15mm in length). You could also try 2x10440 in series with diodes to reduce the voltage to 6 volts.

bzlytbeer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Monee, IL (near Chicago)
A resistor 'resists' the flow of current in a circuit in accordance with 'Ohms Law'. Resistors can be fixed or variable values, some are adjusted using a knob others change resistance depending on light level, temperature etc.....

A Diode is a semiconductor which in it's simplest form allows current in one direction but not the other.
Diodes are used for (among other things); reverse polarity protection, radio demodulation/detection, logic gates, Lighting (LED's are diodes), lasers, overvoltage protection, AC>DC conversion, etc.

Got this from Yahoo answers, not my own brain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread