10440 on GGTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sob80sup81

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Indonesia
Hi all, i've got my GGTS, brand new 510 atties and 901 atties, one thing missing is the battery. Until now i'm still using my own laser pen mod with 10440 protected battery.

Since i haven't got any other battery besides the one i'm using i tried to fit 10449 (AAA) cos it's said that it can be used in GGTS, i doesn't fit nicely cos it's diameter is small but i thought i'd still give it a try, after assembling the whole thing i pushed the button and nothing happen, nothing burning on the atty after pushing it a while.

My question is, am i doing it wrongly or is it not suggested to use a 10440 battery? Been asking about which type would be recommended and what high drain batteries are but no reply so far so i decide to make a thread of my own :)

Thanks

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Sob, 10440 works just fine with GGTS. It fits very good and there is no movement inside if you thread the telescope. If the battery dont work please check the battery and the atomizer and if they are ok then thread the telescope a little more so you can have the contact you want.

10440 is a battery that dont contact with all its negative pole the spring of the GG so you have to thread the telescope a little more:)

sob80sup81

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Indonesia
Thanks Imeo for the guide and Sherrick for the bump-up :)

Tried it again just now and it works very well :D there's definitely a learning curve here, i wish to get batteries as soon as possible to experiment with the limitless GGTS capabilities :D

Don't seem to like the slight burnt taste though (is it because of the new 510 atty?)

So, anyone would be kind enough to explain to me what's high drain definition?

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
You problem with the 10440 was it was not contacting the center part of the TS. Inside is two points of contact that must meet in the middle with the battery connecting the two. If the small diameter of the battery is off to one side it will not touch the right part inside. You have to make sure it is centered in there.

The High Drain battery is just what the name mentions. They have less internal resistance so they allow more of the current to flow out faster. They are really good for low resistance atties like the i3. It will give you a warmer vapor and much more of it. I have a few and just ordered a few more as 3.7v is enjoyable again. I was on a CR2 kick for a while until these things hit the door.

sob80sup81

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Indonesia
You problem with the 10440 was it was not contacting the center part of the TS. Inside is two points of contact that must meet in the middle with the battery connecting the two. If the small diameter of the battery is off to one side it will not touch the right part inside. You have to make sure it is centered in there.

The High Drain battery is just what the name mentions. They have less internal resistance so they allow more of the current to flow out faster. They are really good for low resistance atties like the i3. It will give you a warmer vapor and much more of it. I have a few and just ordered a few more as 3.7v is enjoyable again. I was on a CR2 kick for a while until these things hit the door.

I see, that's probably why when i googled high drain what came up mostly were car batteries :|

How can we find out abt battery resistance and are there high drain batteries from commonly known brands like trustfire or AW?

Btw, i've managed to get GGTS working with 10440, and unlike what i imagined before, with good threading there's not even slight movement from the battery inside, what a cool device :D

Thanks Vapn...!!!

sob80sup81

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Indonesia
They are called IMR batteries on the battery sites. I got mine here but not sure where you would get them in Indonesia. Light bulbs just went on and remembered that you could just go straight to the source..... Look here for all the info on them and get them from the manufacturer himself. AW....

Aaah... AW himself, i've contacted him to get some 18650 AW. Alrite then, now i get the idea.

@Sparklet,

Yep... the first time i found out abt GGTS that's the first thread i opened and frankly battery type flexibility is the one factor that got my attention, thanks :)

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Yea I wish I could find some in a 14500 for my Grant. Might have to break down and get the regular AW 14500 though. I just don't like dripping on anything less than 6v now. Seems pointless. Now for the AFS that is another deal all together. I am really digging the 18500 in my Trans with the i3 AFS setup. All day er there, no problem.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
huuu.... I think this guy is in Hong Kong. where do you see Wisconsin?

I think he's in Hong Kong Quasimod...

I followed that link, to a post made by "AW" on CPFMarketPlace's forum. Then I cut the end off the URL, and went straight to that sites' main portal. Then I clicked on the Dealer/Manufacturers link, and saw a sticky post about "AWR projects" (see, I'm pretty nosy sometimes). In that thread, there is a manufacturer with the handle "andrewwynn". Since I was just scanning and clicking, somehow I confused (or conflated) "AW" with "Andrewwynn". He's in Racine, WI according to the sidebar info.

All this to show how I arrived at that mistaken conclusion. My bad, sorry. :D

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Yeah I emailed that guy for the AW on CPFMarketplace 2 weeks ago about buying them. I've yet to hear back.

Thats a good service Elendil:lol::lol::lol:

I never buy anything from sites that dont answer to me in 1-2 days and if I see spelling mistakes in Greek sites

sob80sup81

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Indonesia
Today is the first day i'm officially switching from my loyal laser mod to GGTS :)

Got myself 901 atty, 510 atty, RCR123A 3.0V and 18650 3.7V 2500maH battery, my first impression was WOW, GGTS really is a vapor generator. Using 18650 combined with 510 i get great TH, with 901 less TH but more flavor, my only concern is when i use 2 RCR123A, way too much burnt taste, probably cos i'm only using regular atty.

For now, i'm settled with 18650, 901, Tasty Vapor Liquid and the beloved GGTS. Sure thing this combination satisfies my need (or i'm just too easy to please :D)

Thanks so much everyone for your inputs during my early time getting to know GG and keep vaping...!!!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Today is the first day i'm officially switching from my loyal laser mod to GGTS :)

Got myself 901 atty, 510 atty, RCR123A 3.0V and 18650 3.7V 2500maH battery, my first impression was WOW, GGTS really is a vapor generator. Using 18650 combined with 510 i get great TH, with 901 less TH but more flavor, my only concern is when i use 2 RCR123A, way too much burnt taste, probably cos i'm only using regular atty.

For now, i'm settled with 18650, 901, Tasty Vapor Liquid and the beloved GGTS. Sure thing this combination satisfies my need (or i'm just too easy to please :D)

Thanks so much everyone for your inputs during my early time getting to know GG and keep vaping...!!!

Very good sob my friend:)

But dont put 2xcr123A 3,7 volt each on a regular atty because you will burn it in 2 mins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread