12 MG nic harsh throat hit remedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2016
So I’ve been vaping 12MG nic for a while on my kayfun and it’s the right amount of nic to satisfy my nic needs. Only thing is at 12 mg I do still get a few harsh throat hits and I’m not sure what the best way to tackle it is.

I’m already vaping Nic salt nicotine with hi VG, suppose I’m wondering is their any super smooth eliquds in the market that mint remedy this? I’ve noticed with some eloquids at 12mg is less harsh than other liquids at 12mg. I don’t make my own liquid tho so I have no clue on how flavours may effect throat hit.

I might also drop to 10MG and vape at a slightly higher wattage which I’m yet to experiment. Any advice would be fantastic!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    So I’ve been vaping 12MG nic for a while on my Kayfun and it’s the right amount of nic to satisfy my nic needs. Only thing is at 12 mg I do still get a few harsh throat hits and I’m not sure what the best way to tackle it is.

I’m already vaping Nic salt nicotine with hi VG, suppose I’m wondering is their any super smooth eliquds in the market that mint remedy this? I’ve noticed with some eloquids at 12mg is less harsh than other liquids at 12mg. I don’t make my own liquid tho so I have no clue on how flavours may effect throat hit.

I might also drop to 10MG and vape at a slightly higher wattage which I’m yet to experiment. Any advice would be fantastic!

The first thing I'd do is try lowering your coil height in your Kayfun. The bigger the distance from the airflow hole to your coil, the more throat hit you get. The lower it is, the better it is for less throat hit.

Since you're already using high VG and Nic salts - flavour-wise, I find creams make a mix smoother, especially if mints are involved. If you use commercial juice look for a creamy mint. If you diy, throw in some TFA Vanilla Swirl and/or Whipped cream.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    So I’ve been vaping 12MG nic for a while on my Kayfun and it’s the right amount of nic to satisfy my nic needs. Only thing is at 12 mg I do still get a few harsh throat hits and I’m not sure what the best way to tackle it is.

Might try buying 0mg juices and adding the salts yourself. If you're in the US River Supply has good smooth salts. Couple drops of dw added to the tank could help as well.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Some juices do that (and some DIY flavors) but I have noticed too much PG (over 35%) bothers my throat (not really any other issues... just a slight irritation) I had a couple pre-made juices that gave me trouble (and it wasn't the PG) some flavoring/ingredient just messes with me (and it was only a couple ones) Recently, lemon (citrus) also bothers me (if I mix it too strong) What device (please be specific) are you using? Do you get a bitter taste? I'm the guy that will ask lots of questions so the more details the better to answer your question. 12 mg should not be too strong... but if your device is flooding/gurgling you could be getting "mist" and not just vapor... that can be very harsh and nasty tasting. What juice?

• Love
    Reactions: vapemate93
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread