14 Common Objections to Vaping And Why They`re Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Listening to Louise Ross from the Leicester City Stop Smoking Service last year I was astonished by some of the reasons smokers are continuing to smoke.
    For example, some people are still smoking because they fear popcorn lung (very rare, and zero established cases from vaping) more than lung cancer (1.6 million deaths per year, with an estimated 80% coming from smoking.)The Leicester Stop Smoking service deal with objections to vaping all the time.

14 Common Objections to Vaping And Why They're Wrong - Ashtray Blog

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    There was a guy that sued over getting popcorn lung from popcorn. All I can say is he loves popcorn. Lesson here is don't huff popcorn.
    Oh c'mon, next you're gonna say something like, "Don't get a cup of coffee from a drive thru unless you expect it to be hot."..:blink:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Nice article, although yeah the state of vaping and misinformation can be a bit depressing.

I can usually tell if a smoker WANTS desperately to believe the misinformation, if I offer corrective feedback, LOL. There are always going to be those smokers who WANT to believe vaping is worse than smoking. I wish more doctors were educated to state that vaping is safer than smoking, that can often be a great place to remove misinformation, usually with a smoker going through some bronchial issue due to decades of smoking. I'd love it if this article were posted on patient "waiting" room walls and etc.

But, you can't convince some people, and the misinformation only gives them the "motivation" to not try vaping. It's a shame, but I guess understandable, although I don't remember hordes of misinformation when other smoking cessation aids came out. Sigh. With that said, vaping is far more THREATENING to big tobacco and pharma, as it actually WORKS as harm reduction....

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread