14500 Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalise

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Houston, TX
I'm looking around to find the best charger for the 14500's that the protege takes. My main concern is overcharging so I'm looking for an auto shut-off feature. I don't feel the need for protected batteries because once my pv starts loosing power, I am sure to switch them out and not undercharge them. However, overcharge protection is better left as the chargers responsibility from what I understand, and I would like to be able to "set and forget" my batteries without the risk of trickle-torture that could potentially result in a fire.
Looks like I can't post URL's yet but the Ultra Fire 10440 14500 Ac Charger from DealtimeExtreme looks to be the best bet so far. The only cons are that it was made for unprotected batteries so if I did ever decide to use protected it would probably be a super-tight fit. Also one reviewer complained it that charging would not terminate as it was supposed to. Anyone find/use anything else?

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Jalise -- The Charger (by tenergy) infact does have overcharge protection, but in the sense of destroying batteries via trickly charging, you're right, it likely won't help.

Why not just get one of those timers that plug in to a wall, then you plug the charger in to it. Everytime you put batteries in, set it for 3 hours and forget about it :)

Jalise

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Houston, TX
Jalise -- The Charger (by tenergy) infact does have overcharge protection, but in the sense of destroying batteries via trickly charging, you're right, it likely won't help.

Why not just get one of those timers that plug in to a wall, then you plug the charger in to it. Everytime you put batteries in, set it for 3 hours and forget about it :)

Interesting idea. Cheaper than buying another charger, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread