Status
Not open for further replies.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I've been mixing at 20% flavor because I like my liquids to be really, really packed with flavor. For you seasoned mixers, is there a big difference between 15% and 20% flavor? I'm hoping to save more on my supplies.

We all have our favorite pan because we know it's gonna make that omelette just right. You need that familiar standard for a predictable result. If you're not rebuilding, you oughtta consider a single coil rda or tank to get your feet wet so to speak. Take control of your own vape is really the best answer.

There's a little hidden secret for getting there on this forum…

A fabulous vape in 30 seconds and no better method for an honest baseline. Vape memory is all too easily persuaded by shiny and me gots too.

Tensioned Micro Coils. The next step.
Protank MicroCoil Discussion!

Then there's always chuckin' horseshoes. ;)

Good luck. :)

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
We all have our favorite pan because we know it's gonna make that omelette just right. You need that familiar standard for a predictable result. If you're not rebuilding, you oughtta consider a single coil RDA or tank to get your feet wet so to speak. Take control of your own vape is really the best answer.

There's a little hidden secret for getting there on this forum…

A fabulous vape in 30 seconds and no better method for an honest baseline. Vape memory is all too easily persuaded by shiny and me gots too.

Tensioned Micro Coils. The next step.
Protank MicroCoil Discussion!

Then there's always chuckin' horseshoes. ;)

I'm building, though I do use an RTA. Been thinking about getting an RDA simply since I am mixing now though. Good advice.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I'm building, though I do use an RTA. Been thinking about getting an RDA simply since I am mixing now though. Good advice.

Great. It's a beginning. I introduced the principle of strain for making very precise, durable and consistent coils using a pin vise. It's a simple process and you gals are far better at it than us fellas. Gimme a nudge on either thread if your curio. I'll pick it up or someone will chime in.

p.s. I'm flavor sensitive btw but love dollops of flavor on my pancakes. :D

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
It really depends on the recipe. Some may be great at 4% while others need more than 20%. Some flavors are actually stronger at 5% than at 10%. Just the way things work. As my taste buds cleared up I found I could use less and less flavor. It takes some time thou

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Started off with mostly TFA / TPA (depending on what you call it) because they are less expensive. But I'm finding I like CAP quite a lot.
Most cap and tfa run close percentage wise. As time goes you will find you will probably like certain ones from all them and even a blend of some to get what you are after. For instance my main SB is CAP sweet SB and TFA SB ripe blended. Most of the companies do certain flavors better than others but I have yet to find a company that does them all well

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
I think I'm overdoing it at 20% based on what I'm hearing.

While not an experienced mixer (my wife was making all my/our juice until recently), I can say this with 100% confidence....listen to your taste buds and not to what others are saying.

In other words, for you, 20% could very well be the sweet spot. Personally, a lot of my mixes are in the 20-25% range. Right now, I'm vaping on one mixed at 30. ;)

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Started off with mostly TFA / TPA (depending on what you call it) because they are less expensive. But I'm finding I like CAP quite a lot.

I could see some people using some TFA flavors at high percentages. I'm limited to 10% with PG flavors and there are a lot of TFA flavors I just can't use, even as singles they're weak.

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon
mostly TFA / TPA
Agree with @Myk !
It's been my observation that TFA/TPA flavors seem to use higher % on average, and longer steep times for me.
I Shake and Vape almost always.

TFA Mango has been getting some good use here at 5 or 6+%, but maybe an FA fruit could do 2.5% or less.

YMMV and we all have our favorite manufacturer. GL!

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Agree with @Myk !
It's been my observation that TFA/TPA flavors seem to use higher % on average, and longer steep times for me.
I Shake and Vape almost always.

TFA Mango has been getting some good use here at 5 or 6+%, but maybe an FA fruit could do 2.5% or less.

YMMV and we all have our favorite manufacturer. GL!

Because of TFA apples I started every apple at 10%. I have an Inawera Bahraini Apple Gold tester at 10%, LOL. I either need to dump it or do some math to figure it down to 1%-2%.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Almost all of my mixes land between 4-12%. It all depends on the flavor, the taste buds of the person using it, and the equipment it will go into.

I find myself using less flavoring in mixes that will be used in something like a GR1 (small condensed deck single coil rda) than in something like a Big Baby Beast (drop in coil sub-ohm tank).

That is one huge advantage to DIY e-juice, you can customize the flavor to fit your needs. Just experiment with your mixes until you get them perfect for you. Nobody can tell you what you would like best than YOU.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I like a lot of flavor so most of my recipes total flavor using a variety of manufacturers concentrated is between 15-20%.

A lot of people say 10% or less. I wouldn’t even be able to taste any flavors at that low a %.

So as others have said - mix according to what YOU like not anybody else.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I like a lot of flavor so most of my recipes total flavor using a variety of manufacturers concentrated is between 15-20%.

A lot of people say 10% or less. I wouldn’t even be able to taste any flavors at that low a %.

So as others have said - mix according to what YOU like not anybody else.

Try Inawera (not the Shisha types) and I bet you could taste a recipe under 10%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread