17500 on Altsmoke Alpha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I think I get where you are coming from. You're looking for a higher mAh capacity battery thinking it will last longer during use in the mod. Right?

:nah:

Mah ratings can be deceiving and inflated, especially from lesser name brand manufacturers like Ultrafire, Trustfire, and Surefire. You'll find that an IMR battery will perform and last as long as a protected Li Ion battery in a mod in real life experience. I will never again use any battery whose name ends in FIRE.

Trustfire2.jpg

I would use ONLY the size battery that the manufacturer recommends, which is the 14500. I know the website says to use a protected battery and not use an unprotected battery, but the product description for the Alpha has not been updated in months. I know the owner of AltSmoke and he now recommends IMR batteries.

IMR batteries are now recommended over protected Li Ion batteries for all applications, whether in regulated (VV) or mechanical mods because of their safer chemistry. - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/129569-rechargeable-batteries.html

These batteries that we use pack a LOT of energy inside of them. They are relatively safe until you start using them in a manner in which they were not intended or are careless with them. If you came here looking for validation to use an inappropriate battery in your Alpha, you won't find it in this post.

IMR_battery_post-venting.jpg battery_failure.jpg

Last edited:

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
It would be nice to have an ego sized mod. 1100 mAh should do for my purposes that would work. I'm no electronics expert, so I'm not sure if the size of the battery would effect amps or anything like that. That 17500 seems like it would be about the right size for that.
Since I'm dreaming, it would be nice to have a mod that was a mech, that you could put a control head on in place of the top cap. Simple function for beginners and APV head / top cap for more advanced users.

Does this exist in any form?
I've seen the evic, which has a simple function head, but it's sill a bit big (and expensive)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread