18 -> 12mg diluting, how much loss of flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe81

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
USA
its been a long time coming, i joined ECF a month ago & now i have finally ordered some juice, and soon the 510 as well...its 18mg cuz thats all i could get for dr.pepper, in case its too strong & i need to dilute it, i'll guess 12mg will do fine for strength...but how much flavor will i lose? generally, how much can a source be diluted with PG/VG until it loses noticable amounts of flavor? if only there were dr.pepper flavorings available, but nope, only the flavored juice in 18mg...

Last edited:

piomode

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
its been a long time coming, i joined ECF a month ago & now i have finally ordered some juice, and soon the 510 as well...its 18mg cuz thats all i could get for dr.pepper, in case its too strong & i need to dilute it, i'll guess 12mg will do fine for strength...but how much flavor will i lose? generally, how much can a source be diluted with PG/VG until it loses noticable amounts of flavor? if only there were dr.pepper flavorings available, but nope, only the flavored juice in 18mg...

Mathematically, you'll lose 1/3 of the flavor. Subjectively, it's difficult to say how that will 'taste' to you if its reduced to 12mg strength. I've never tried the Dr. Pepper, and I've found some eliquids flavoring stronger than others.

If you find it's not flavored enough, you could do one of two things (that I know of):

1)
a) find a 0mg flavored liquid that is concomitant with Dr. Pepper and mix it at 2 parts 18mg with 1 part 0mg;
b) or find a 6mg flavored liquid and mix it at 1 part Dr. Pepper and 1 part 6mg. These combinations are just for example, and many other combinations are possible. There is a decent online recipe calculator here: eJuice Recipe Calculator -- or an excel version: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...alculator-ms-office-excel-version-2003-a.html

2) learn about Lorann's flavoring's to supplement flavor to the reduction you need to make. I'm sure there are some flavors that will work well with Dr. Pepper, like cherry? Dr. Pepper always reminded of cherry coke, sort of. With this option, you could use a 6mg unflavored and supplement as necessary with your chosen flavoring.

I haven't yet used any Lorann's, but from what I've read on here, they do work. Good luck to you and the Dr.!

Joe81

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
USA
Mathematically, you'll lose 1/3 of the flavor. Subjectively, it's difficult to say how that will 'taste' to you if its reduced to 12mg strength. I've never tried the Dr. Pepper, and I've found some eliquids flavoring stronger than others.

If you find it's not flavored enough, you could do one of two things (that I know of):

1)
a) find a 0mg flavored liquid that is concomitant with Dr. Pepper and mix it at 2 parts 18mg with 1 part 0mg;
b) or find a 6mg flavored liquid and mix it at 1 part Dr. Pepper and 1 part 6mg. These combinations are just for example, and many other combinations are possible. There is a decent online recipe calculator here: eJuice Recipe Calculator -- or an excel version: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...alculator-ms-office-excel-version-2003-a.html

2) learn about Lorann's flavoring's to supplement flavor to the reduction you need to make. I'm sure there are some flavors that will work well with Dr. Pepper, like cherry? Dr. Pepper always reminded of cherry coke, sort of. With this option, you could use a 6mg unflavored and supplement as necessary with your chosen flavoring.

I haven't yet used any Lorann's, but from what I've read on here, they do work. Good luck to you and the Dr.!
thanx, yea i got some extra flavorings in case to mix it with...was just hoping to taste it nice with pure flavor, but i guess i can just do that with the 18mg...maybe 18mg will be just fine for me, guess i'll have to wait & see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread