180th time's the charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It's not how many cigarettes you smoke that is important. What is important is how many you DON'T smoke. Good luck.

22-you-got-this-meme-4.jpg

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
Do it Goober!:thumb:

My vaping and smoking overlapped for some number of months, maybe 5 months or so because I would get a “dirtier” body buzz from them and then a cleaner cerebral buzz from the vape.

Something that had a significant addictive pull I was getting from the cigs had to be cycled out of my bodies expectations and it took a little additional will power but it eventually faded and purchasing both cigs and juice became a hassle. It was gradual. So just stick with it and be real stubborn about it and a few months out you’ll be thankful.

I’ve noticed now that I have a solid chunk of time away from the smokes that it’s different between the two when you have to go without them, like if you leave the house and forget to grab them because you’re in a hurry. Cigs had me in a more hectic mindframe, I would pic up smokes beyond a doubt. With the vape it’s a pia but I’m more ok with it. There’s something in cigs pulling you to them that isn’t in vape juice. Vaping is more enjoyable where smoking was an obligation in a way. So what I’m taking a long time to say is just stand real firm and gradually reduce and you’ll get it. It doesn’t have to be a “oh no I smoked and failed” sort of a deal. Like they say about piloting a boat, a degree of direction change adds up to miles in location change down the road.

For me so much stress faded away once I wasn’t being influenced by the need to obey the cig’s command, so you can do it. You’ve already made up your mind so the plan is in the works. Coincidentally I also gave up drinking at the same time and that was a real big trigger for me so if you have anything you always paired with smoking, being mindful of that may help you make the shift.

Also check out some of these sig’s where people have put up a counter that tallys up how many smokes avoided and how much $$$ saved.:thumb:

I’m rooting for you homie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread