18350 Nipple Batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshJD94

Jun 2, 2013
North West, UK
I have these standard 18350 batteries for my Lavatube v4
battery 1.jpg
But i have found these batteries which seem much better, however they have a nipple unlike my current ones.
battery 2.jpg

Will these batteries still work in my device? Does the nipple make any difference?

Thanks in advance!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I owned some TrustFires and UltraFires. They are low quality batts and a couple failed on me. Also the 1200 mah Ultrafires are not protected and not safe chemistry. Best/ safest batts to use are safe chemistry batts.
If stacking batteries realize there's safety precautions you should observe. Either AW or eFest batts would be good.

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
Oh really? The reason i'm looking at them is because of how cheap they are. But could someone still clarify if a battery with a nipple will still work? Regardless of brand.
It will work find.
Other good brands include Efest IMR 18350 High-Drain Battery, Panasonic IMR 18350 and as above AW high-Drain 18350.
Besides the cost, Lithium Manganese (IMR) is less likely to blow up.
Good luck.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Oh really? The reason i'm looking at them is because of how cheap they are. But could someone still clarify if a battery with a nipple will still work? Regardless of brand.

Being that you put this in your mouth, between your teeth, right below your eyes I buy the best batteries I can find and try to save money another way. And I'm cheap.

Don't cut corners with batteries or chargers.

Most places give the size- do they?

D. Waterhouse

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
central WI USA

I'd avoid any of the "fire" brands, I've had some and they work ok, but not great. Their lifespan is a lot shorter when used with VV also, they don't have the higher amp limits of IMRs. I'm sorry for being a typical american and not noticing you are from the UK, try the IMRs from here, orhere. Liberty Flights is a registered forum supplier, the other one I've never heard of.

D. Waterhouse

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
central WI USA

I'd avoid any of the "fire" brands, I've had some and they work ok, but not great. Their lifespan is a lot shorter when used with VV also, they don't have the higher amp limits of IMRs. I'm sorry for being a typical american and not noticing you are from the UK, try the IMRs from here, hereor here. Liberty Flights is a registered forum supplier, the other two I've never heard of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread