The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

18350 Shootout Results: Top three performers for 2018

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by Mooch, Jun 22, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mooch

Mooch Electron Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    1) Vapcell flat top purple 1100mAh 10A (accurately rated)

2) Aspire flat top 1100mAh 10A (9A rated in testing)

3) Keeppower 1200mAh 10A (1000mAh, 9A rated in testing)

There isn’t a huge difference between the three but the Vapcell could run up to 25% longer in a regulated device and is the better choice for unregulated/mech mods as it hits the hardest.

The Aspire and Keeppower have similar run times and current ratings and I don’t think you’d see a difference between them. The three seem to be different cells though.

I wasn’t able to test the AW 18350’s due to them not being available anywhere. There was a mention of a flood at the factory a while ago but I cannot confirm that. I do not know when, or even if, I will be able to test them.

The two button top cells I found and tested, the Imren and MXJO, were pretty terrible performers compared to the three above. If you have to pick one, pick the MXJO and stay under 5A. Preferably under 3A.

I hope to test another batch of 18350’s in a few months.

Link to 18350 ratings table: 18350/18500 Safety Grades and Pulse Performance Data | E-Cigarette Forum

88DC75F7-1809-421F-858D-0683446A0633.jpeg 341420D1-7B3E-4549-B32E-1B5CFAE3200F.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    Thanks for the testing data Mooch. I would be interested how many people still use the 18350.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    My wife still uses 18350 fairly often, button top, as you know so far there are no decent alternatives to AW.
    Tried both the suggested button top, by their 4th to 6th charge cycle they perform worse than 2 - 3 year old AW's.

Thanks @Mooch, I appreciate the work you do for the vaping community...

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. classwife

classwife Admin
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Ask The Vets Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member

Those of us that use ProVari Minis need button top 18350s.
    I am due to replace mine :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Mactavish

Mactavish Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    I have two of these AW IMR 18350. 800 mAh. (Red) Bought from RTD Vapor 4-2016. They were hardly used, stored at room temperature. Two years a go I did not own a battery capacity tester for lithium’s. But I have read HKJ’s review of this battery and at the same 2 amp load, he measured about 740mAh’s. I don’t know how he measures IR, mine are AC 1K signal, not sure what the IR might have been when they were new, just surprised my measured capacity is so low!

TEST:Ran tests twice on 2 batteries, similar results.
    Fully charged = 4.2v.
    IR= 40
    Cutoff 2.5v.
    2 amp constant current load
    Total time: 19:20 min.
    RESULTS: 647 mAh’s, 2250 mWh’s. IR= 40 mOhm. (AC 1K signal)

HKJ’s TESTS:
    Test of AW IMR18350 800mAh (Red)

6. Mooch

Mooch Electron Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    27 months is a lot of battery aging. :)

7. Mactavish

Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    Yeah, once I determined I wasn’t going to use them much, I should have discharged them to 80% and stored them in the frig with my backup 18650’s. I’m currently testing some of my various NiMH Eneloops. They seem much more stable over longer time periods. I got one old Eneloop XXX Sanyo labeled that has high 100 milliohm IR, and showing low capacity. Gives me a chance to try some of the battery conditioning features of my MaHa 9000 charger that I’ve never used. That cell is 5 years old.

Thanks Mooch, glad to see all your testing doesn’t keep you from catching up on emails etc.

It’s mostly your fault I got my feet wet with battery testing! :) LOVE YA ....

• Love Love x 1
  8. MikeyConti

MikeyConti VapeBro Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2014
    South Carolina
    I have one 18350 right now, I used them most in the old regulated Tube Mods, and in some Mechs using Kayfuns. I remember reading that stacking 2 18350’s gave more voltage in certain regulated mods(I believe? Was around 2013 I think)
    than one 18650. But once Mods like the iTaste SVD came out it did not matter when it came to power, just size. I also still didn’t feel the need to stack them but they were good for keeping the mod in short length instead of carrying a Torpedo around lol
    The one I have now is an Efest and its about 3yrs old and only got it for an iTaste 134 Mini I won from a B&M. Didn’t use it enough to get a 18450 for it.

Thanks for these results!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mactavish

Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    • Like Like x 1