Status
Not open for further replies.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi friends. As you know counterfeit batteries are always a big issue. I recently bought some new batteries for my ipv4s which takes two 18650 and must be at LEAST 35 amp batteries. To my surprise when my batteries arrived each battery was labeled with its own anti-counterfeit. service sticker with the ability to scan each battery to insure it is legit and not re-wrapped or counterfeit. I thought this is a wonderful way to ensure authentic batteries. so I'm assuming that you will now be able to check on all authentic batteries now via thir stickers. Be aware of cheap batteries as they might not be what you thought they are. I just wanted to share about the anti-counterfeit service sticker they are now offering. I think it's a great way to check the product. similar to a authentication sticker you recieved on genuine vaping products, just not scratched off but scanned easily with a scanner app from your phone . I'm glad this service is now offered because it was getting more difficult to tell counterfeit from genuine batteries. Having this sticker available is very helpful.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I replied in your other thread about this battery but wanted to add something now that I just realized what Pioneer4You was saying...

Use a 35A battery?

Shame on you Pioneer4You! There are no 35A (or higher) rated 18650 batteries in production. I would have expected more due diligence from a company selling devices that use batteries.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
    Mar 28, 2015
    Houghton, MI
    No 35amp 18650's. I dont even understand why Pioneer4You are even suggesting it.

It seems they want people to buy batterys with over-inflated amp ratings.
    There's a massive conspiracy between them and the rewrapped companies. They sell efests for double the price of a Samsung 25r.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    How many times have Mooch, Baditude, myself, and others stated do not buy into the hype of 35 and 40 amp batteries, because they are out there. Wish we could have a sticky placed up to show this -_-

There is a ton of safety data on ECF that doesn't ever get stickied. I guess too much.

Probably many vape stores w/o a single safe battery in stock.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
    Mar 28, 2015
    Houghton, MI
    This I can belive Efest need someone to sell there over priced batterys for them.
    I could see them reaching an agreement with various battery and vape sellers. Pretty Unethical, but there aren't many websites that refuse to sell efests. Inflated specs that could lead to injury seem a little dangerous to me, and I'd stay far away from them if it was my store.

Reactions: opticruby

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    , but there aren't many websites that refuse to sell efests
    I get good, authentic 18xxx IMR batteries from an online proprietor. Also for sale on their website is the purple 18650 35A Efest batteries. I just don't get it.. :?::(

opticruby

ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2015
    UK
    I could see them reaching an agreement with various battery and vape sellers. Pretty Unethical, but there aren't many websites that refuse to sell efests. Inflated specs that could lead to injury seem a little dangerous to me, and I'd stay far away from them if it was my store.

It does come across to me that efest would pay another company to promote there batterys in manuals. My personal impression with web sites and b&m stores selling these batterys is either they dont know or simply dont care about companys over-inflating amp ratings.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Look at most 18650 batteries, one color wrapper and a bunch of indecipherable numbers on the side. Efests especially the purple ones are well designed and attractive, and carry a high number on the side. Which is just as well as the wrapper is all they are actually bringing to the party. This makes sense as a lot of 18650s are re-purposed from other fields like power tools or flash lights. Efests cells are specifically designed to be targeted at the vaping market.
    The nice color and design attracts the eye, and the numbers seal the deal, who expects a company to blatantly lie about technical specifications? The authenticity thing is the icing on the cake.

Their marketing and sales department must be pretty aggressive because they seem to be one of the main brands on sale in every B&M I've been into (which to honest isn't that many), and every website seems to carry them too.

The issue is that if a battery doesn't perform very well in a flash light or a drill, assuming you even notice, you just buy a different brand. But exceed the amp limit of a cell in a high power vaping device and the implications can truly horrific. It seems now thanks to Mooch's testing that they are not the only company riding this gravy train.

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    Nope

Takes more than a millisecond to heat a coil.

Tapatyped

When it comes to pulse ratings,...

1000 sounds like a good number to me.

1000 pulses.

2000 mAh x 4 volts = approx. 10 watt hours = approx. 30000 watt seconds

1/1000 of that is 30 watt seconds

can I get 30 watts for 1 second?
    How about 300 watts for 0.1 seconds ??????????????????????
    Oh yeah, that sounds like a pulse to me; 300 watts for 1/10 of a second, I'd call that a pulse if I could do that a thousand times.

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    When it comes to pulse ratings,...

1000 sounds like a good number to me.

1000 pulses.

2000 mAh x 4 volts = approx. 10 watt hours = approx. 30000 watt seconds

1/1000 of that is 30 watt seconds

can I get 30 watts for 1 second?
    How about 300 watts for 0.1 seconds ??????????????????????
    Oh yeah, that sounds like a pulse to me; 300 watts for 1/10 of a second, I'd call that a pulse if I could do that a thousand times.
    Lol

I'm enjoying your humor today. Gave me a healthy chuckle.

Tapatyped

Reactions: edyle

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    The issue is that if a battery doesn't perform very well in a flash light or a drill, assuming you even notice, you just buy a different brand. But exceed the amp limit of a cell in a high power vaping device and the implications can truly horrific. It seems now thanks to Mooch's testing that they are not the only company riding this gravy train.

Purple Efest Batteries: Not As Advertised

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread