Status
Not open for further replies.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi friends. As you know counterfeit batteries are always a big issue. I recently bought some new batteries for my ipv4s which takes two 18650 and must be at LEAST 35 amp batteries. To my surprise when my batteries arrived each battery was labeled with its own anti-counterfeit. service sticker with the ability to scan each battery to insure it is legit and not re-wrapped or counterfeit. I thought this is a wonderful way to ensure authentic batteries. so I'm assuming that you will now be able to check on all authentic batteries now via thir stickers. Be aware of cheap batteries as they might not be what you thought they are. I just wanted to share about the anti-counterfeit service sticker they are now offering. I think it's a great way to check the product. similar to a authentication sticker you recieved on genuine vaping products, just not scratched off but scanned easily with a scanner app from your phone . I'm glad this service is now offered because it was getting more difficult to tell counterfeit from genuine batteries. Having this sticker available is very helpful.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
The iPV4 doesn't call for 35A batteries. Just 30A. And you really only need that when you go over 75 - 80W to give yourself a safety margin. I'm curious myself as to the brand. The only ones I've seen with the rating and stickers you are describing are the purple eFest batteries. And I wouldn't trust them at anything over 15A.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I feel pretty safe in assuming that the batteries in question are Purple Efests, no other company that I know has that authenticity system for batteries. It's a bit of a joke anyway as their cells amount to what is a counterfeit anyway, re-wrapped C grade cells made by another company sold with blatantly false amp ratings.
What is the mAh rating do they have on the side?
Check out @Mooch 's blog for the true figures
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/list-of-battery-tests.7436/

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Hi friends. As you know counterfeit batteries are always a big issue. I recently bought some new batteries for my ipv4s which takes two 18650 and must be at LEAST 35 amp batteries. To my surprise when my batteries arrived each battery was labeled with its own anti-counterfeit. service sticker with the ability to scan each battery to insure it is legit and not re-wrapped or counterfeit. I thought this is a wonderful way to ensure authentic batteries. so I'm assuming that you will now be able to check on all authentic batteries now via thir stickers. Be aware of cheap batteries as they might not be what you thought they are. I just wanted to share about the anti-counterfeit service sticker they are now offering. I think it's a great way to check the product. similar to a authentication sticker you recieved on genuine vaping products, just not scratched off but scanned easily with a scanner app from your phone . I'm glad this service is now offered because it was getting more difficult to tell counterfeit from genuine batteries. Having this sticker available is very helpful.

I agree that it would be great if there was some kind of authentication sytem for batteries.

I'd be quite wary of anything associated with that battery though if it is saying it has a 35A rating. There are no 18650 batteries currently being made with a rating above 30A. Unfortunately, all that sticker is doing is saying that the battery is an authentic rewrap of another company's battery of unknown quality/grade with exaggerated ratings.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread