The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Dear Guest, 

ECF will be down for an extended period Tuesday 25th January from 6am central / 7am Eastern. 

This is due to a server migration. With any luck we'll by open by lunchtime. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

@low_tar_neil

Dismiss Notice

1988 Newscasts on Smokeless Tobacco Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Legislation News' started by LaceyUnderall, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. LaceyUnderall

LaceyUnderall Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2008
    USA and Canada
  2. Brewster 59

Brewster 59 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Same old story, same old song and dance my friends!

3. martha1014

martha1014 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2009
    Delhi, LA USA
    Since the only place I have heard of Premier and Eclipse was on this forum I assume they did not make it in the marketplace. They were very close to an ecig but didn't quite get it right. These were as expensive as regular cigarettes and were not reuseable..

4. MightoftheWest

MightoftheWest Senior Member ECF Veteran

I loved the times before the computer age.

5. IANAN

IANAN Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2009
    More expensive than and non-reusable. RJRT did another full launch in 2005 of the product. I was able to purchase some Eclipse Cigs from a QT station (They were behind the counter and not displayed prominently with the other brands) earlier this week . There has been a steady demand for the product since it was released , but the demand never grew.

https://eclipse.tobaccopleasure.com is it's website.

Don't know if they were back-stock though.

This is a video showing the PM product;

Accord Philip Morris New Device Puff Activated Lighter 1997.mp4

and in 1997 and 2005...

A really good and mostly balanced article published in 2005 by the LA Times... A google cached copy is here; The Mystery of Philip Morris' Nicotine Inhaler - Los Angeles Times

The ANTi's response to BT's development of cleaner nicotine in 1997 GLOBALink: Philip Morris Develops Accord, A New "Low-Smoke" Cigarette Brand BTW this is also their stance on e-cigs.

Bunch of horses rears if you ask me.

6. Lumiis

Lumiis Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2009
    London, Kentucky
    'About the size of a Beeper' lol, I remember those ....

Gone are the Day's of Beepers!! haha, that PV (if you could call it that) Is Huge!

7. IANAN

IANAN Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2009
    I thought it was amusing myself.... RJRt marketing force had fun with it as well... by saying their product was much easier to use (You didn't need to read an instruction manual to use their product)... he he he ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.