1st experience public vaping at NFL game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I haven't been out much because when I first quit analogs, I kind of get recluse cuz I have a hard time being around other smokers and drinking...temptation is to much. So had a big day out yesterday and went to the Colts opening game. Hung out at the Colts' kick off party, no one said a word to me but got a few strange looks and even saw another vaper! :vapor:

Then once the game kicked off, went outside to the smokers area, it was PACKED cuz it was so beautiful out, and got a lot more "looks". Some drunk guy even came up saying "Hey Babe (yes I cringed..babe??? Really?) that stuff smells good, can I try some?" I asked him if he normally lets strangers take a drag off his cigarette? Gross! I told him about the forum and he should join and find out about it. A few other people asked about it too so that was cool.

So all and all a great day, BUT...I was so hoping the cigs wouldn't smell good to me. I have to say, they did and I was angry because I really wanted them to stink. My friend that was smoking did smell bad after we went back to our seats but when cigs are lit and being smoked, I still love the smell. This worries me cuz I've heard from peeps that after quitting like 10 or 15+ yrs, they still love the smell. I hope that's not me. :(

Last edited:

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
Good story, babe. ;)

I vape at MLB games all the time, no one says a thing. I use a 350mAh eGo and a EVOD and keep it very stealth.

I don't go to many NFL games but have three college games lined up this year, I would think vaping at a football game is much easier tahn at a baseball game. Lots of action to follow instead of following me!

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
That's true, unless the football stadium is indoors, which ours is. If its outdoors and cold, maybe peeps can mistake the vapor for just breathing cold air?

As far as liking the smell of lit/smoking cigs, I did want to add, I didn't want to smoke tho..didn't even crave it which was awesome. I just don't like the fact I still like the smell!!! Bummed me out

jp_cfc09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
lost
yea the smell will seem nice but the taste isnt after your off them for a good while lol, it will be a relief if you do relaspe to know they arnt that nice to taste. better if you dont though but its hard at the start when your close friends are havey smokers as nearly all mines are bar a couple but they are the most desent ones which I put down to them not comeing along for smokes lol. guess ill be closer now since if the weathers bad I aint going out as I can happily vape indoors and relax while the smokers are wet and cold. I live in northern ireland so its normally very cold and wet bar the two weeks great summer we get every year lol.

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
Once I started vaping, I was VERY surprised that I had no real desire to have an analog even when around bunches of people that were smoking. I have to admit, though, (I think you are absolutely right), that the smoke still smelled good to me. For just a second, yes, there WAS something that I missed about that smell and the whole ritual thing. Not sure that I would say that I was bummed, but there sure was something about it.

I think, in the first couple of weeks, I found that I just leaned heavily on the vapor whenever I had even the slightest doubt about quitting, or the urge to have a cigarette, and kept all the positive aspects of vaping and the negative aspects of analogs (the stink, the chemicals, the cost, the single tobacco flavor, the heavy feeling, the diseased lungs on display in the big jars at the Smithsonian Institute-----I can still visualize those things, and they never bothered me while I smoked ------- and others) at the forefront. After going cigarette-free the first few days to a week, better to vape all day, 24/7, I reasoned, than to go back to the ciggies. I thought I finally found something that could work in getting me away from those nasty things.

When I think about all the positive aspects of vaping, there are so many that they seem to quickly outweigh any pleasure I got from any aspect of smoking (and I really enjoyed smoking, btw.)
It's funny, amazing and pretty well-known, all the little cravings, tricks and games going on in our heads around the addiction to cigarettes and nicotine, isn't it? It's a bit like the addictions within the addiction.

Last edited:

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
So all and all a great day, BUT...I was so hoping the cigs wouldn't smell good to me. I have to say, they did and I was angry because I really wanted them to stink. M :(

Great story!

No worries about the "cigs smelling good". It took me 90 days or so for me to start hating the smell of cigs. Just keep vaping and your body senses will do the rest.

Just curious, where you at the Colts/Raiders game?

I'm a huge Raiders fan....how bad or good they they look in person?

BTW...Luck is the real deal, and a heck of a person. Made some nice comments about our QB, T.Pryor.

tinkrrrbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
The Baltimore Ravens banned smoking (and purses) so I was kinda like ehh, I'm done going to games lol. But maybe now that I vape I'll reconsider :)

Yea, the new purse policy is an issue in and of itself, but it's an NFL policy - all stadiums no longer allow bags much larger than a wallet unless they are clear plastic see-thru.

I vaped at the pre-season game I went to, but I stayed stealth. The Metrodome is indoors and hasn't allowed smoking since the mid-80's. I wasn't interested in dealing with questions or looks... I wanted to enjoy the game since I go so rarely.

I am glad to hear positive things about vaping in outdoor stadiums.

Target Field, where the Minnesota Twins play, I won't even set foot in. Not only is smoking not allowed in an open air facility, but they no longer allow smokers to go outside to smoke and be re-admitted. Now they've officially banned e-cigarettes as well.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Great story!

No worries about the "cigs smelling good". It took me 90 days or so for me to start hating the smell of cigs. Just keep vaping and your body senses will do the rest.

Just curious, where you at the Colts/Raiders game?

I'm a huge Raiders fan....how bad or good they they look in person?

BTW...Luck is the real deal, and a heck of a person. Made some nice comments about our QB, T.Pryor.

I'm glad to hear others think it still smells good cuz I thought I was insane! Although, like I said, the lingering smell afterwards did NOT smell good to me at all. In fact, not to be mean, my friends clothes reeked! So I know now how bad I smelled all those yrs!

But it's weird, it smelled good while people were smoking, but my personal urge was not crazy to smoke like it would have been all the other quit times!!! And I was drinking! So I was pretty happy proud of that. I did vape way more than I'd want to LOLOLOL.

And ya, the Raiders looked really good! Your QB moves great...hard to bring him down. Or maybe us Colts fans are just so use to seeing Manning trying to run out of the pocket. LOLOLOLOL. Great QB, I love him, but that guy just couldn't move well!

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
#1. Go TEXANS!

#2. I know when my dad smokes his pipe, that smells really good. Granted it's much higher quality tobacco. But that may be what smells so good. Tobacco, while burning, has a certain appeal that just gets to some people as far as scent goes. It's all the other harmful crap and the after-smell that is quite off-putting to almost everyone, even smokers.

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
#1. Go TEXANS!

#2. I know when my dad smokes his pipe, that smells really good. Granted it's much higher quality tobacco. But that may be what smells so good. Tobacco, while burning, has a certain appeal that just gets to some people as far as scent goes. It's all the other harmful crap and the after-smell that is quite off-putting to almost everyone, even smokers.

#1 : Texans are good, very good, and they need to show it this year.

#2 : I was a big Captain Black pipe smoker. I now extract the tobacco and use it in my ejuice as a tobacco base. You get the taste without the crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread