1st mix, yuuuuuuck. What went wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
I have a collection of e-smokey treats liquids "high" which is 18mg I think.

to 5mL of "cherry" , I added
2.5 mL of VG , and
.75 mL of "silent sam" (that's vodka) to thin it out a bit
--- (vodka is 40% ethanol, 60% water I think?)

The e-smokey treats cherry, by itself, is kind of a "cough syrup" cherry, reasonably strong taste.

The MIX was like licking the bottom of your foot. OMG awfull, no cherry taste at all. Just pure NASTY taste. It's all I brought to smoke at work today, and by the time I got home, my supper tasted nasty, coffee tasted bad, and it took brushing my teeth/tongue, two muffins and an ice cream to get my tongue somewhat back to normal.

1/2 hour of rinsing/blowing/cleaning/bubbling the atomizer, and it must be out of there by now, I would think.

I primed / filled it with straight 18mg Strawberry after. It doesn't taste like strawberry much anymore though, it used to be very strong. (still plenty of vapour) So I don't know if my tongue is still "broken", or the atomizer is still tainted somehow.

What the heck happened? I don't know if I'll EVER try mixing again.

It's not the VG, since I filled a new cart with 50/50 pure PG + VG and used it to "smoke" the primer out of my new Bling. No nicotine, just pleasant kinda sweet tasting clouds of smoke ;-) That cart is still in it, and I can puff on that one, and it still tastes fine to me.

Any thoughts?

MoonRequiem

Oct 25, 2008
Washington, USA
Maybe your atomizer went through a cleaning cycle? That makes everything taste icky toasted, and the burned taste does stick with you for a while.

Also, it will take just a bit of time to get the good full flavor back, after rinsing/blowing/cleaning/bubbling.... Gotta get the atomizer "seasoned" again. :)

Yeah I've had that NASTY taste of a post-cleaning cycle. UGH. It literally tastes like burnt hair. Totally gross. Although it very well could be that vodka that you added. Vodka, IMHO, is really nasty by itself anyways...I would omit that and try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread