1st Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rellen13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Peabody MA USA
Hi all, new member here. Just want to start off by thanking the Mods and Members here. When I first made the decision to try vapeing I thought I would just go online and order an E-cig. Boy, I had no idea. Overwhelmed with new lingo, abbreviation's, and so many options it made my head spin, I thought I would be stuck with the analogs out of pure frustration. Thankfully, I discovered this forum, and most importantly all the helpful Stickies, and it gave me enough confidence and information to start. So, thank you very much, all of you who have contributed to this most wonderful site!:D

Received my gear last Saturday and I have been analog free since. I have tried the patch, gum, and cold-turkey before, but with no success After my 1st week Vapeing, I am confident I will not need to smoke another cigarette again. It is a beautiful feeling to know this. Really, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for helping me change my life.

Started with a pair of Ego-C 1000mah batteries, a five pack of Vision ego V3 Clearomizers, and some different juices' from different places and would like to post some newbie observations:

-Love the ego's, and have ordered an ego-c 650mah for the convenience / out-and-about ease, and also a 1000mah Twist to give VV a try. I understand that the Provari is a much better unit, but hey, it's only been a week for me and I'm not ready to shell out that kind of cake yet. It will be my next large hardware purchase if I find VV is for me.

-Was not impressed with the Clearomizers. Pretty consistent leak into the battery top, maybe I'm doing something wrong. In any case because of reviews here, I picked up a Vivi Nova and a Vivi Nova mini. Love them. I can't say enough good things about them and have ordered another pair of the mini's. If you plan to start vapeing and want to go the clear tank route, get a couple of these.

-I have not been doing this long enough to give any advise on what liquid to buy, and from what I've read it is mostly subjective anyway. Everybody has different tastes. What I would like to share is my own expectations going in, and what I've found to be actually true (for me). I was not a really heavy smoker at the end, between 12-15 American Spirit Light analogs a day, but I have been a heavy smoker before (up to 2 packs a day or more) and have been smoking since I was 14 (34 years! Where the hell did the time go!). I thought what I wanted for flavor was something that would be as close to a cigarette as possible. Maybe I just haven't found it yet, but the truth is I find I prefer the RY4's and even Boba's Bounty more than anything else. I have an order on the way from HHV for Gandalf, Serendipity, Pirate's Booty, and Heavenly Tobacco, and am eagerly awaiting to find out if they are as good as the hype. I guess what I want to say is that if you are sick of smoking but continued to do so because of nicotine addiction, maybe you don't really want the true taste of a cigarette anymore. At least that's how it worked out for me. So far. Things could be different when I get my taste-buds back.

Anyways, thanks all. Be seeing ya around.

;)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Hi all, new member here. Just want to start off by thanking the Mods and Members here. When I first made the decision to try vapeing I thought I would just go online and order an E-cig. Boy, I had no idea. Overwhelmed with new lingo, abbreviation's, and so many options it made my head spin, I thought I would be stuck with the analogs out of pure frustration. Thankfully, I discovered this forum, and most importantly all the helpful Stickies, and it gave me enough confidence and information to start. So, thank you very much, all of you who have contributed to this most wonderful site!:D

Received my gear last Saturday and I have been analog free since. I have tried the patch, gum, and cold-turkey before, but with no success After my 1st week Vapeing, I am confident I will not need to smoke another cigarette again. It is a beautiful feeling to know this. Really, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for helping me change my life.

Started with a pair of Ego-C 1000mah batteries, a five pack of Vision ego V3 Clearomizers, and some different juices' from different places and would like to post some newbie observations:

-Love the ego's, and have ordered an ego-c 650mah for the convenience / out-and-about ease, and also a 1000mah Twist to give VV a try. I understand that the Provari is a much better unit, but hey, it's only been a week for me and I'm not ready to shell out that kind of cake yet. It will be my next large hardware purchase if I find VV is for me.

-Was not impressed with the Clearomizers. Pretty consistent leak into the battery top, maybe I'm doing something wrong. In any case because of reviews here, I picked up a Vivi Nova and a Vivi Nova mini. Love them. I can't say enough good things about them and have ordered another pair of the mini's. If you plan to start vapeing and want to go the clear tank route, get a couple of these.

-I have not been doing this long enough to give any advise on what liquid to buy, and from what I've read it is mostly subjective anyway. Everybody has different tastes. What I would like to share is my own expectations going in, and what I've found to be actually true (for me). I was not a really heavy smoker at the end, between 12-15 American Spirit Light analogs a day, but I have been a heavy smoker before (up to 2 packs a day or more) and have been smoking since I was 14 (34 years! Where the hell did the time go!). I thought what I wanted for flavor was something that would be as close to a cigarette as possible. Maybe I just haven't found it yet, but the truth is I find I prefer the RY4's and even Boba's Bounty more than anything else. I have an order on the way from HHV for Gandalf, Serendipity, Pirate's Booty, and Heavenly Tobacco, and am eagerly awaiting to find out if they are as good as the hype. I guess what I want to say is that if you are sick of smoking but continued to do so because of nicotine addiction, maybe you don't really want the true taste of a cigarette anymore. At least that's how it worked out for me. So far. Things could be different when I get my taste-buds back.

Anyways, thanks all. Be seeing ya around.

;)

Good for you! Yes, I want to get the Provari at some point. Maybe if Hubby didn't get me one for Christmas I will get one when one of my Twists die :) <looking at it.....:evil:> LOL It's been mid September since I bought them and they show no sign of dying any time soon. :lol:

I love Heather's juices. The tobacco's that you got, may need to steep a bit after you get them. If you try them and don't think they taste great, take the caps and nipples off and let them sit for about a day or two. Some complex juices need time to reach that magical stage. I have a blog about steeping under my avatar.

Welcome to ECF :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Welcome, Rellen13. You might also check out Dekang juices. Dekang makes one of the best RY4's that I've vaped. I also like AwesomeVapor Desert Tobacco, which is a Camel clone. You will find that nothing you vape is close to the tobaccco they are named after, but you eventually settle into a few vapes that you like. The main objective is to find something that provides a good replacement for burning tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread