• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

2.5ml Carts and cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
Yep, insane.

IMO the atty/cartridge is a joke. We all know carts don't wick very well and yet they try to make them even bigger. Think mega atty.

I'm slightly intersted in the cartos. I won't be the guinea pig for them though. Unless they work incredibly well, I don't forsee a lot of sales.

These don't even look appealing. They take away from the aesthetics of the eGo. It simply turns it into a fat 510.

If I want big and ugly with my eGo, I'd slap an 801 atty on it.. lol

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I have an SLB 510 carto coming from a friend, that apparently is the cat's meow. I am presently using KR8s which are OK, but nothing all the rave is about. Man there is a lot of hype out there. The cartos (read reg) do well with the eGo, why would one want an 801 carto because taht is both what these cartos and carts are. I can easily get 40 drops in an 801 cart. The only thing I do with 801 attys is drip at 6V.

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
IMO the atty/cartridge is a joke. We all know carts don't wick very well and yet they try to make them even bigger. Think mega atty.

wrong, sorry ...think Greencig G120 / G500 these have 2.5ml /2ml and get their carts bonedry.

imo its a nice thing to have an e-cig that goes 6h with one battery and one cart. and i am still waiting for sucha device that i can drop in the hand of my old mother ( and other similar technology uninterested people )for a day vaping without hassle.
just my 2 cents.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I'm interested... but I'll wait until it has been around a while (and everyone has it for less, LOL!). I've never given a damn about aesthetics... I want good vapor and a good amount of liquid with minimum fiddly topping off with a regular atomizer (not interested in a cartomizer)! If I have to walk around with a cannon in my face to get it and it is great, so be it!!

It looks like a cigar cartridge/atty (I have a couple of the 701s, but never use them). If it works at least as well as the Penstyle atomizers (which I use 90% of the time) I'll probably pick up a few to try out eventually.

A redesign is needed in a cartridge the size of that thing! Something like an air channel (straw mod) in the interior molding of the cart to keep the liquid flowing properly and keep air locks from happening. Why they don't do this is beyond me! Perhaps a modification to the filler (AquaClear foam makes my penstyle attys an all day sucker!) would help this monster also.

I'll bet when stood on end, it floods/leaks like crazy. :blink:

I assume the Tornado Mega atty is a 510 fitting? Anyone know for sure?

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
True but there goes your eGo. Wrt wicking I have no problem with any of my carts, 510, 801, 901. I am totally moving away from proprietary batts. If you want longevity an 801 atty and cart fitted to a 18650 batt will get you there, will it not? and at a fraction of the cost.

I am getting a little dis-appointed these days with Janty's marketing strategy, and Janty as a whole because of such strategy. Talk about major capitalism. After a while firmies need to be addressed.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
True but there goes your eGo. Wrt wicking I have no problem with any of my carts, 510, 801, 901. I am totally moving away from proprietary batts. If you want longevity an 801 atty and cart fitted to a 18650 batt will get you there, will it not? and at a fraction of the cost.

I am getting a little dis-appointed these days with Janty's marketing strategy, and Janty as a whole because of such strategy. Talk about major capitalism. After a while firmies need to be addressed.

Yup, the penstyle (I use the 302 or RN4072 most of the time) does it for me on my mods (18650 AW high drain rocks!). I have a huge pile of proprietary bats that I never use.

I'm not interested in their proprietary battery. I understand their bringing out this product for noobs... long life, not having to understand the chemistry of Lithium Ion batteries, their questions when trying to buy a mod (what works with what), convenience... etc. It is easier for someone new to buy that first. Can't blame them for making it a part of their product line and marketing strategy. Look what everyone recommends these days for someone new. The Ego or Tornado.

I look at it as a Mega Penstyle. LOL I'm only interested in maybe trying out the atomizer/cartridge some day on my mods. The penstyle only holds 1ml. I've always been able to vape the 302 attys/carts pretty dry and don't have issues with leaking, so I think trying one would be interesting, but don't see myself buying a bunch of them. Besides, I have hundreds of new 302 and 510 atomizers (including 5 of the Megas, which I forget I have and never use!) around here to use up anyway, LOL! Damn FDA! :glare:

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Is it just me or has the world gone insane. A carto capable of holding 2.5ml of liquid. Is that Janty's answer to the AFS?

Looking at the video, what is happening to the cone, which to many is more than just aesthetics?

YouTube - Totally Wickeds Mega Tornado Atomizer + Cartridge and Tornado cartomizer

The world has gone nuts. The eGo has become an overpriced "proprietary" battery mod. How do you feel?

From what I see here is this still kinda acts like a cone style carto.
If it holds more, the better and the carto looks nice. The cart on the other hand looks way too big. They both hold 2.5ml liquid and the carto and cart have some specs from the tesla, but even so, I my like the carto, not the cart..

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
From what I see here is this still kinda acts like a cone style carto.
If it holds more, the better and the carto looks nice. The cart on the other hand looks way too big. They both hold 2.5ml liquid and the carto and cart have some specs from the tesla, but even so, I my like the carto, not the cart..
From what I can see air is drawn in from the bottom and not the top like the eGo. To many, the cone is purely aesthetic and from what I see to date, to these folks too. To me, there is a difference with and without the cone. Without the cone, it is no different than a 510 on a large 3.1V JoyE batt.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
From what I can see air is drawn in from the bottom and not the top like the eGo. To many, the cone is purely aesthetic and from what I see to date, to these folks too. To me, there is a difference with and without the cone. Without the cone, it is no different than a 510 on a large 3.1V JoyE batt.

Absolutely right Switched..
The air is drawn in from the bottom vs the top on the cone..
With the cone the flavors shine on someliquids, not all..
Also they arewarmer too. I like the cone and with the carto out now, I will give them a try.. I don't feel like buying the cart and atty for the eGo just the carto.. Who knows, I just might and do my reviews..
I will talk about them on my show though..

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
WTG Stu! Thanks for taking one for the team.

Personally I think they went in the wrong direction. Especially when it comes to the cart. What makes it different than an 801, held allot of juice and was wasted once the filler became greasy. Since the cart can contain 2.5ml of liquid, and most only render 2/3 of stored liquid. That represents 0.8ml of unusable liquid, just shy of 1ml. To me that is significant. I could never get an 801 to hold and wick properly due to head pressure, I doubt I will be able with these as well.

theopold

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
San Jose, CA
I'm not necessarily an instant fan of the mega atty or carto. However, I'm assuming both the mega atty and the associated cart will have a larger diameter? If so, wouldn't this make it easier to experiment with TropBob's mini soaked cigars for those of us still craving those "other addictive alkaloids"?

I wanted to try this experiment previously but finding a cigar with a small enough ring size for use with a standard Ego cart has been rather difficult. Assuming a larger diameter on the mega atty combo, I think I'm gonna buy a set just to give this "mod" a try. I know these products are relatively new but has anyone else thought of and/or tried this?

Related question, on the TW site they list the mega atty and mega cart separately...most other atty's come with the associated cart, albeit usually empty. Does the mega atty include a mega cart when purchased?? Doesn't seem like it but there's no real indication in TW's item description and, of course, Janty doesn't have 'em yet...

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
I believe its an empty cart like with all atty's. Only there for shipping purposes..

@Switched,
I will be placing my order for the mega attys and carts. Also for the mega cartos on Friday this week and will talk a little bit about them on my show this Thursday. When I get them in I will be testing them for a couple of days and talk extensively about them on next weeks show..
The show s on elixirtv.com on Thursday nights @ 10pm..

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Cool!

If you also vape standard liquid (Dekang) I know your daily vape is RY4, that would prove very beneficial for a review on your Utube channel, as not all liquids are created equal. If not Dekang, a straight PG liquid would be better than none I suppose.

Ab~so~lutely I will be vaping my RY4..
Either from Awesome vapor (need to order more) or from MFS.
Thats been all I have been vaping (except the 2 eliquids from Vapor Country that was sent to me for review).
I'll even do some of my VTS eliquid.. I have a few flavors from there thats PG..

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Okay, I recieved these cartos today and I'm a little upset with how you have to fill them..
If you don't want the liquid to leak out of the bottom (part that screws to the eGo or anything else) and keep the liquid inside, they could have done a better job with these. I filled one up and lost about 1/2 a ml of liquid from the bottom. To make matters worse, when you start to use them, liquid also comes out thru the mouth end. Not much, but enough to make me keep wiping them dry. I only put in 2ml's of liquid and these should hold 2 1/2ml's..
They work ok, and the flavor is very nice, as I used the RY4 from AwesomeVapor. The liquid was warm like using the eGo with the cone and even though I did get a little bit of the liquid when using this, not enough to really be concerned with.
I have even used this on my GGTS and still the same. Now I can't wait for the AFS for my GGTS. I know why that will be good. I believe that Janty should hurry and get the tesla filter out and probably put these Joye cartos to shame.
The vapor these produce are very good..
So in retrospect, The following is a must from me with these cartos:

Ease of use = 8 they are easy to use, if you don't mind losing some liquid when you first fill them.
Vapor Produced = 7 I did think the vapor would be more, I get more from my Mega 510 atty's..
Flavor produced = 9 the flavor from these are very nice. I feel that the RY4 from Awesome Vapor is better in these. (4 some strange reason)
Longevity of Liquid = 9 The liquid is still going strong in these and I have been using them for over an hour and feel that I can go much longer b4 refilling. I would have refilled my Mega 510 cart already after 1 hr.
Looks of PV's = 8 Even though these make the eGo look a bit nicer, I personally would rather have the cone and my Mega 510 atty. I don't care for the extra adaptors on my GGTS just to be able to use these on it.

Now, even though you can let the power go into these cartos for a bit without them getting hot.. (unless its empty) which is a plus and how people do tend to push the eGo button longer at times when using the cone and 510 atty (whether it be a reg or mega 510 atty) the cone does get a bit on the warmer side.

I will talk about these more on my Elixir TV show on Thursday Nights. I probably will be doing a review on YouTube also, although I might not. Just depends how these work for me to do that.
Until next time, Hang Loose and Be Good..
Remember to Vape On!

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Interesting review Stu, many have claimed they are a PITA refilling, hence why I was surprised with the high mark.

I was more interested in the technical aspects of 'em e.g what resistance? How does the button line up with the flat tip? How do they compare to an 801? I do know you are a 510 fan, so may not vape on an 801.

The jury does seem out on these. Mik wasn't too enthusiastic neither about having to carry these. From what I gathered, the first batch is more or less Beta testing (Janty Sub)

Will watch out fer ya tomorrow night.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Sorry switched, but they aren't that hard to refill. But I did say they leak and it just takes a lil cleaning.. I am going to say that the line up of the button and mouth piece is good. A slight bit off but not too bad..
As for the 8 on ease of use, thats for me.. Not everyone will like it or them being easy for others. Me? They were fine..
I just injected the liquid too fast and thats why they leaked a bit.. I did another very slowly.. I do mean very slowly, and still leaked, but not too bad.. Maybe a couple of drops.
I won't complain that much for that. I like hese BUT Ido wish the mouth end was skinnyer.. Smaller even..
I would like to see these made differently.. Maybe to have the shell to be a screw off and the inside can lift out and fill easier..
Or, better yet.. Have a shell made that unscrews nd you can use a 510 carto for the inside.. This way, the cost would be lower and you are buying the shell only (maybe $2) and that would be all.
Just a concept.. But for me I am leaving the 8 for ease of use.. Like I said, it was easy for me.. Might not be for others. Just like anything else.. I have a hard time with cartos for the 510 and 808.. Trying to clean them and dry them and what not..

For the resistance, I broke my tester.. But what I did get from one was 2.6ohms.. I had to get up to answer the door, my tester fell and I stepped on it.. Guess I wasn't meant to check them, sorry abot that.. Not putting that in yesterday.. I thought I did..

Now the only BAD thing is the liquid from the mouth end.. It keeps comming out and even though its not all that much, it is a nusance

So, day 2 and I will just say one last thing (OR 2) as I don't want to keep going on this..
Do I recommend these? Yes and No..
If you want to try these out, then yes.. If you only want to go with what others say? NO..
I won't buy anymore of these.. I will buy my 510 Mega attys..
I have vaped on one carto for 4 1/2 hrs before going to bed last night, but I haven't touched them again today. Yet.. LOL..

If anyone has questions, please ask me on my show as it will be easier for me to talk rather than type..
Until then, Be Good and Vape On!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Sorry switched, but they aren't that hard to refill. But I did say they leak and it just takes a lil cleaning.. I am going to say that the line up of the button and mouth piece is good. A slight bit off but not too bad..
As for the 8 on ease of use, thats for me.. Not everyone will like it or them being easy for others. Me? They were fine..
I just injected the liquid too fast and thats why they leaked a bit.. I did another very slowly.. I do mean very slowly, and still leaked, but not too bad.. Maybe a couple of drops.
I won't complain that much for that. I like hese BUT Ido wish the mouth end was skinnyer.. Smaller even..
I would like to see these made differently.. Maybe to have the shell to be a screw off and the inside can lift out and fill easier..
Or, better yet.. Have a shell made that unscrews nd you can use a 510 carto for the inside.. This way, the cost would be lower and you are buying the shell only (maybe $2) and that would be all.
Just a concept.. But for me I am leaving the 8 for ease of use.. Like I said, it was easy for me.. Might not be for others. Just like anything else.. I have a hard time with cartos for the 510 and 808.. Trying to clean them and dry them and what not..

For the resistance, I broke my tester.. But what I did get from one was 2.6ohms.. I had to get up to answer the door, my tester fell and I stepped on it.. Guess I wasn't meant to check them, sorry abot that.. Not putting that in yesterday.. I thought I did..

Now the only BAD thing is the liquid from the mouth end.. It keeps comming out and even though its not all that much, it is a nusance

So, day 2 and I will just say one last thing (OR 2) as I don't want to keep going on this..
Do I recommend these? Yes and No..
If you want to try these out, then yes.. If you only want to go with what others say? NO..
I won't buy anymore of these.. I will buy my 510 Mega attys..
I have vaped on one carto for 4 1/2 hrs before going to bed last night, but I haven't touched them again today. Yet.. LOL..

If anyone has questions, please ask me on my show as it will be easier for me to talk rather than type..
Until then, Be Good and Vape On!
Thanks for the candid review Stu. I know it is hard at times to be objective. You pretty much summed up what has been said.

There is alot of hype at times over device X or device Y. Unless device X and device Y use a different battery, then there should not be any difference in the performance of the device. As GrimmGreen states many times recently <<yeah it vapes like a 3.7 device or 6V device>>

It is features that demark a device, or HV if you are 3.7v device user, not the device itself. A 3.7V device is just a 3,7V device. IOW a device that use an 18650 will perform identical to a another device that utilizes an 18650. Yet we see folks that use the SB with an 18650 claim the Omega is miles apart, that is bubkiss. It performs exactly the same. What the Omega has is a totally mechanical button and therefore not prone to mechanical and electrical cyclic failures. That is how the device should IMHO be promoted.

I am glad folks are coming out and saying things as they are. Kudos Stu !!

Addendum: Oh, I forgot the Omega is nickel plated aluminium, which makes it shinier than the SB, and a 18650 box mod does the same job at a fraction of the cost, but that is more or less reserved for home use or traveling in a car. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being classy in public. Just don't say X out performs Y when the same battery is utilized, because subjectivity placed aside, well...

I like your reviews Stu, I was just surprised at some of the scores. You explained it, and I accept your explanation.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
TY switched.. Wait until tonight.. I refilled my carto and I let it sit for over an hour before even using it, unlike yesterday. I started to use it after 15 or 20 minutes of filling. It still leaks from the filling and I took 10 to 12 minutes to fill it with another 2ml of liquid. PG RY4 from Awesome Vapor. This time I just waited longer b4 using. The flavor is still there and the vapor. I will say that the ease of use is there if you wait.. Again, I had to clean up another 1/2 ml of leaked out liquid, which is upsetting.. Thats 1 ml in 2 days, not good. These do leak, thats for sure..
Everything will stay the same except for the overall and that took a HUGE plunge.. I would of had this @ an 8 but now its @ a 4.. Why? These leak and that in itself pisses me off and also I don't want to be there cleaning the inside (where it screws onto the eGo) and waste qtips doing this.. Like I said I wish the casing was a 2 pc that would unscrew and you can put a 510 carto inside, kinda like a Mod with a battery..

I DON'T RECOMMEND THESE AT ALL.
Are they worth the $4? Hell no..

But I have been vaping on one carto from 4:30pm EDT and its now 8:50pm.. I don't know if it will last until the start of my show (10pm).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread