2 new attys both taste like metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin King

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
PA
ok so my Vector LT came with 2 3.0ohm attys. i wanted to try out dripping for the first time considering ive never had an atty before. i dripped 3 - 4 drops into the atty, took a drag at 4.0v and then BAM... nasty metal taste. the vapor was there, but absolutely no flavor. whats the deal here? i am a noob wen it comes to attys. someone help me here

ShelleyF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Tennessee
I am new also been vaping for about 4 months so I don't know know alot yet either. I am going to try to help you though. I think you might have to break the atty in but not sure. I think you might need to turn the volt down and drip more than 4 drops to prime it the first time. I have never dripped before and not sure how to do it but I know when you use an atty for the first time you have to prime it. I think the volts is too high though, might want to try 3.7 volts at first. I am just trying to give you some kind of help. I am just seeing this and am sorry nobody answered you. Usually people answer right away. Maybe they didn't see your thread. I hope others chime in here to help you out. Sorry I am not much help but hope it helps even just a little.

nick[0]

Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
Canada
I remember getting this with 510s from time to time, but never could figure out why it happened. It tasted a lot like nickel to me and really ruined by vape. It was worse with new atomizers, but would even show up with well broken-in ones. In my case, it wasn't caused by running the atomizer dry, but I hear that's often the case. The only way I could get it to go away was to not use the atomizer for a day, so I rotated between two atomizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread