2 pack/day, 35 years, - 35 days Analog Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdh5484

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
Background:
I saw an associate at work (about a year ago) with a :confused: weird looking pen with an orange light and smoke coming out of it! I asked her about it and researched these “e-cig” things and it made complete sense to me that it was a much safer way to get my nic fix.:headbang:

I got on this forum, and after many days of frustration (TMI):-x, I bought a 510 kit and tried it out. At first I had a hard time because I didn’t know how to “draw” but eventually I figured it out.:oops:

Then I gradually started to trade Analog for E-cigs. I cut down from 2 packs per day to one pack and then to ½ pack. (In the meantime, the UPS deliveries went from 1x/mo to 4x/mo!)
thBriefwink.gif
. Then I switched from regular, to lights to ultra-lights while maintaining the ½ pack per day.

During the year long “proof of process” I rediscovered my sense of smell (most of it) but my lungs also went through periods of hurting like crazy!:(:unsure:

Quitting Analogs:
thbanana-computer.gif
35 days ago I was down to my last pack of cigs and went to the store to buy another carton. On the way back I decided I was ready to go full “Vape”.

And I haven’t had one since.

Was it easy? Like falling off a log.
egdance.gif

Something funny happened though. I can’t figure it out.

I was Vaping 24mg/ml, about 2.5 ml/day, and then on day three I started to get the nicotine OD symptoms (hands shaking, rapid heart beat, and headache).

COFFEETWITCHbybren.gif
So I went down to 18mg/ml. Guess what…three days later I got the nic OD again!

Long story short, I went through that same scenario (cutting the nic level) until about day twenty. I finally settled on 3 mg/ml without getting the nic od.!!!!!!!!!

I did notice that the 3 mg/ml mix didn’t give any throat hit so I used a LR atomizer and the throat hit came back! A few days later, the LR was too much of a TH and I switched back to a regular atomizer!

I don’t think it will be much longer before I’m at 0 nic.

It turns out, for me at least, I wasn’t addicted to the nic as much as all the other crap they put in cigs.

Also, I get a lot of pleasure now out of the E-cig (3mg/ml) in the morning and after meals. Just as much as I used to get Analogs!
dancing155.gif

34 days smoke free
1,360 cigarettes avoided
19.6 grams of Tar avoided (19,600 mg)
16.8 grams of CO avoided (16,800 mg)

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Yep, great to hear and thanks for sharing! Yours and mine cigarette history is very similar, although our vaping stories aren't. I too am free of cigarettes (9 months and counting). But, I'm still in the 30s with regard to nic content though. And, pleased as punch to not be smoking. :)

Vape On! :) If you want to, that is, LOL

jdh5484

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
Well done! Right there with you - about a pack a day for 30 years and now 30 days solidly analog free. Took almost a year to fully make the switch, but now I am totally committed to sticking with it.

I found that gradually doing the switch allowed me to go through all the equipment failures, bad mixes, bad atomizers etc and really gain confidence that I understood the Vaping system and knew what to expect. Also, since I was cutting down the entire time (year), I haven't gone through any terrible coughing fits. The first few days my lungs hurt...but now they are great! (well...better. It'll take years for them to really heal up)

Well, it's day 44 now and I have a brand new signature! (see below). 1700 cigs ??? What did I do with all the Butts???

DragonflyVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Well, it's day 44 now and I have a brand new signature! (see below). 1700 cigs ??? What did I do with all the Butts???

Congrats....... Our butts from the analogs will be analyzed in 2000 years and archaeologist will write "This is what those tobacco companies manufacturered and the government taxed to the hilt to eliminate the population. There was an uprising..... see this cylinder over here with ancient battery? It replaced these killer butts."

jdh5484

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
Congrats....... Our butts from the analogs will be analyzed in 2000 years and archaeologist will write "This is what those tobacco companies manufacturered and the government taxed to the hilt to eliminate the population. There was an uprising..... see this cylinder over here with ancient battery? It replaced these killer butts."
:headbang:

jdh5484

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
Well...it's been 2 months. I figure I will add to my original post after each month.

* My sense of smell is really getting intense. I found out my dog still smells like a dog after taking him in for groomimg.
* My sense of taste is returning. I never realized celery had such a strong flavor.
* My lung capacity is definately increasing. I still have days when they "hurt". Now I know that's just my lungs healing.
* I've been going to the gym and now it's more my lazy ... muscles holding me back rather than my weezing!
* Still no desire for an analog.
* Nic is now down to 2mg/ml.

jdh5484

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
Update: It's been 3 months now. I think my sense of smell and taste are completely recovered. My lungs are getting better although there are still days when they hurt and "itch". I'm rarely coughing now though. My resting pulse rate is in the mid 50s (when I smoked it was 65-70). My nic is down to 1mg/ml and 2.5 ml/day. I think I'll stay at this level for another month and then go to zero nic.
:vapor:
I can't believe I've remained analog free considering how badly the Gators have done this year.:facepalm:

Sard

Dec 5, 2010
Mpls, MN
Thanks for the well wishes ! If I can do it, ANYONE can do it...trust me.

This, comming from a 2 pack a day EX-smoker gives me the hope I need to finally get me to completly stop sneaking in the 2-3 analogs a day I'm doing now. I cant even figure out why I'm sneaking them as they taste bad compared to vaping, and my wife and kids know it when I do, because of the smell. I feel kinda bad now when they say I smell. Much grats to you my friend!

jdh5484

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
Sard...just keep at it. If you are only sneaking 2-3 a day don't worry about it. One day you may find you just don't want to do it again. The bottom line: 2-3/day is not nearly as bad for you as 2 pad!!!! It took a long time to develop the habit (and get hooked on the things in cigs other than nic!).

Good luck!!!!
This, comming from a 2 pack a day EX-smoker gives me the hope I need to finally get me to completly stop sneaking in the 2-3 analogs a day I'm doing now. I cant even figure out why I'm sneaking them as they taste bad compared to vaping, and my wife and kids know it when I do, because of the smell. I feel kinda bad now when they say I smell. Much grats to you my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread